- S. H. Ham, Environmental Interpretation-A Practical Guide for People with Big Ideas and Small Budgets. Golden, CO, USA: Fulcrum Publishing/North American Press (1992)
- S.H. Ham, Meaning Making - The Premise and Promise of Interpretation. Keynote address to Scotland’s First National Conference on Interpretation, Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh, April 4 April 2002.
- S. H.Ham, Ecotourism - Making a Difference by Making Meaning. Keynote address to the Ecotourism Association of Australia, 10 November 2003.
- S. H.Ham, Can Interpretation Really Make a Difference? Answers to four questions from Cognitive and Behavioural Psychology. In Proceedings, Interpreting World Heritage Conference, 25-29 March 2007 Vancouver, Canada. Fort Collins, USA: National Association of Interpretation, 42–52.
- S.H. Ham, E. K.Sandberg, Interpretation as strategic communication in protected area management. A paper presented in the 6th International conference on Monitoring and Management of Visitors in Recreational and Protected Areas, Stockholm, Sweden, 132–133(2012)
- S.H.Ham, B.Weiler, Isolating the Role of On-site Interpretation in a Satisfying Experience. Journal of Interpretation Research, 12, 2, 5–24 (2007)
- J.L.Tarlton, C.J.Ward, The Effect of Thematic Interpretation on a Child’s Knowledge of and Interpretive Program. Journal of Interpretation Research, 11, 1, 7–33 (2006)
- F.Tilden, Interpreting Our Heritage. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press (1977)
- S.H. Ham, B.Weiler, 100,000 Beating Bird Hearts: Tourism, Wildlife and Interpretation. Keynote Presentation at the first National Conference on Wildlife Tourism in Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 28 – 30 October 2001.
- R. Black, S.H.Ham, B.Weiler, Ecotour Guide Training in Less Developed Countries: Some Preliminary Research Findings. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 9, 2, 147–156 (2001) [CrossRef]
- K.Rodger, S.A.Moore, R.Taplin, Visitor satisfaction, loyalty and protected areas : a review and the future. A report prepared for WA Department of Environment and Conservation, Parks Victoria and the Park Forums, Australia (2012).
- S.H.Ham, From Interpretation to Protection: Is There a Theoretical Basis? Journal of Interpretation Research, 14, 2, 48–58 (2009)
- S.H.Ham, Interpretation - A Guide for Making a Difference on Purpose. Fulcrum Publishing Golden, Colorado (2013).
- K.Armstrong, B.Weiler, Improving the tourist experience: Evaluation of interpretation components of guided tours in national parks, CRC for Sustainable Tourism, Gold Coast (2003).
- S.H.Ham, A.Housego, B.Weiler, Tasmanian Thematic Interpretation Planning Mannual. Tourism Tasmania, Australia (2005)
- R.Powell, S.H.Ham, Can ecotourism interpretation really lead to pro-conservation knowledge, attitudes and behaviors? Evidence from the Galapagos Islands. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 16, 4, 467–489 (2008) [CrossRef]
- B.Weiler, S.H.Ham, Tour guides and interpretation. In Weaver, D. (Ed.), The encyclopedia of ecotourism, Walingford, UK: CAB International, 549–563 (2001)
- C. Littlefair, C. Buckley, Interpretation reduces ecological impacts of visitors to world heritage site. Ambio, 37, 5, 338–341 (2008) [CrossRef]
- E.M.P.Madin, & M. Fenton, Environmental Interpretation in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park: An Assessment of Programme Effectiveness. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 12, 2, 121–137 (2004) [CrossRef]
- M.B. Orams, Using Interpretation to manage nature-based tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 4, 2, 81–93 (1995) [CrossRef]
- B.Weiler, S.H. Ham, Development of a Research-Based Tool for Evaluating Interpretation (STCR Technical Report). Brisbane, Australia: Sustainable Tourism Cooperative Research Centre (2006).
- B. Weiler, S.H. Ham, S.H., Development of a Research Instrument for Evaluating the Visitor Outcomes of Face-to-Face Interpretation, Visitor Studies,187–205 (2010) [CrossRef]
- U.Sekaran, R. Bougie, Research Methods for Business: A skill Building Approach. A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd. Publication (2010)
- B.Weiler, S.H. Ham, Toward a theory of quality in cruise-based nature guiding. Journal of Interpretation Research 7, 2, 29–49 (2002)
- J.H. Kim, Determining the factors affecting the memorable nature of travel experiences. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 27, 780–796 (2010) [CrossRef]
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 12, 20144th International Conference on Tourism Research (4ICTR)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||19 November 2014|