- The Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council. (2013). Malaysia Your Healthcare Destination. Retrieved on November 11, 2013 from http://www.medicaltourism.com.my/en/malaysia-your-healthcare.aspx.
- The Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council. (2013). Overall healthcare travelers 2007-2012. Retrieved on November 11, 2013 from http://www.mhtc.org.my/en/statistics.aspx.
- V. ACrooks, P.Kingsbury, J.Snyder and R.Johnston. What is known about the patient’s experience of medical tourism? A scoping review. BMC Heal. Ser. Res, 10, 266 (2010) [CrossRef]
- R.Johnston, V.A.Crooks, J.Snyder and P.Kingsbury. What is known about the effects of medical tourism in destination and departure countries? A scoping review. Int. Jor. for Eq. in Heal, 9,24, 9–24 (2010)
- M.Ormond. Shifting subjects of health-care: placing ‘medical tourism’ in the context of Malaysia domestic health-care reform. Asi. Pac. View, 52,3, 247–259 (2011) [CrossRef]
- N. S.Pocock, and K.H.Phua. Medical tourism and policy implications for health systems: a conceptual framework from a comparative study of Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia. Globaliz. and Heal., 7,12, 336–357 (2011)
- P.S.Cook. What is health and medical tourism? Humanities Research Program. Queens Uni of Tech. Pp. 13 (2008)
- A.Hundt. Impact of tourism development on the economy and health of the third world nations. J. of Trav. Medi., 3,2, 107–112 (1996) [CrossRef]
- J. F.Outreville. Foreign direct investment in the health care sector and most-favoured locations in developing countries. The Eur. Jor. of Heal. Econ., 8,4, 305–312 (2007) [CrossRef]
- R.Durbarry, (2004). Tourism and economic growth: the case of Mauritius. Touri. Econ., 10,4, 389–401 (2004) [CrossRef]
- C. G.Lee, and W.T.Hung. Tourism, health and income in Singapore. Int. J. of Tour. Res., 12, 355–359 (2010) [CrossRef]
- C. F.Tang. TemporalGranger Causality and the dynamics relationship between real tourism receipts, real income and real exchange rates in Malaysia. Int. J. of Tour. Res., 15(13), 272–284 (2012)
- M.Ramesh, and I.Holliday. The health care miracle in East and Southeast Asia: Activiest state provision in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore. J. of Soc. Polic., 30: 637–651 (2001)
- M. H.Pesaran, Y.Shin, and R.J.Smith. Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships. J. of App. Econometrics, 16, 289–326 (2001) [CrossRef]
- Ministry of Tourism Malaysia. (2014). History of Visit Malaysia Year. Retrieved on April 3, 2014 from http://www.vmy2014.com/about-vmy2014/history-of-visit-malaysia-year.
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 12, 20144th International Conference on Tourism Research (4ICTR)
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Published online||19 November 2014|