- J. W. Cresswell, Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods. approaches 4th ed., Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Inc. (2014).
- J. W. Cresswell, Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing among five traditions. Thousand Oaks, CA; Sage (1998).
- C. Marshall, G.B. Rossman. Designing qualitative research (5th ed.). Thousands Oaks, CA: Sage (2011).
- J. Mouton, The practice of social research. Cape Town: Oxford University Press (2001).
- D. Ary, I. C. Jacobs, A. Razavieh, C. K. Sorensen, Introduction to research in education, New York: Centage Learning (2010).
- J. W. Cresswell, Qualitative inquiry and research design: choosing among five approaches 2nd ed., Thousand Oaks, CA; Sage (2007).
- H. Xiao, J. Smith, L.J. (2006). Case studies in tourism research: a state-of-the-art analysis, Tourism Management, 27, 738–749 (2006) [CrossRef]
- H. Simons, The paradox of case study, Cambridge Journal of Education 26, 2, 225–240 (1996) [CrossRef]
- J. Hamel, S. Dufour, D. Fortin, Case study methods. Newbury Park, CA: Sage (1993).
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: design and methods (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks California: Sage Publications, Inc. (2012).
- D.E. Polkinghorne, Phenomenological research methods. In: R.S. Valle & S. Halling (Eds.), Existential-Phenomenological Perspectives in Psychology, New York: Plenum Press. 41–60 (1989) [CrossRef]
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: design and methods 4thed., Thousand Oaks California: Sage Publications, Inc (2009).
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: design and methods 3rded., Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, Inc. (2003).
- S. Pike, Destination brand positions of a competitive set of near-home destinations. Tourism Management, 30, 6, 857–866 (2009) [CrossRef]
- M.S. Balakrishnan, Dubai – a star in the east. Journal of Place Management and Development 1, 1, 62–91 (2008) [CrossRef]
- N. Morgan, A. Pritchard, R. Piggott, Destination branding and the role of the stakeholders: the case of New Zealand. Journal of Vacation Marketing. 9, 3, 285–299 (2003) doi:10.1177/135676670300900307. [CrossRef]
- N. Morgan, A. Pritchard, R. Piggot, New Zealand, 100% pure. the creation of a powerful niche destination brand. Journal of Brand Management, 9, 4-5, 335–354 (2002) [CrossRef]
- C-S. Ooi, B. Stoeber, Authenticity and place branding: the arts and culture in branding Berlin and Singapore. In: B. T. Knudsen and A. M. Waade eds., Re-investing authenticity: tourism, places and emotions. Bristol: Channel View Publications. 66–79 (2010)
- H. Simons, Case study research in practice. London: Sage Publications limited (2009).
- M. Puvenesvary, R.A. Rahim, R.S. Naidu, M. Badis, N.F.M Nayan, N.H.A. Aziz. Qualitative research: Data collection and data analysis techniques. Sintok Universiti Utara Malaysia Press (2011).
- G. Marzano, N. Scott. Consistency in destination branding: the impact of events. Global Events Congress and Event Educators Forum, Brisbane, Australia, (2006) September 27-29, 196–205 (2006)
- S. Pike, Destination brand positioning slogans – towards the development of a set of accountability criteria. Acta Turistica, 16, 2, 102–124 (2004)
- G. Lee, L.A. Cai, J.T. Leary. WWW.Branding.State.US: an analysis of branding- building elements in the US State Tourism Websites. Tourism Management, 27, 815–828 (2005) [CrossRef]
- L. B. Berg, Qualitative research methods for social sciences 5thed., Boston: Pearson (2004).
- T.F. Carney, Content Analysis: a technique for systematic inference from communications. London: B.T. Batsford Limited (1972).
- A. Franklin, M. Crang, The problem with tourism and travel theory. Tourism Studies, 1, 1,5–22 (2001) [CrossRef]
- G. Marzano, N. Scott, Power in destination branding. Annals of Tourism Research, 36, 2, 247–267 (2009) [CrossRef]
- B.B. Esu, V. M.E. Arrey. (2009). Branding cultural festival as a destination attraction: a case study of Calabar carnival festival. International Business Research, 2, 3, 182–192 (2009)
- S. Hudson, J. R.B. Ritchie, Branding a memorable destination experience. the case of ‘brand Canada’. International Journal of Tourism Research, 11, 217–228 (2009) doi:10.1002/jtr.720. [CrossRef]
- S. Saraniemi, From destination image building to identity-based branding. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 5, 3, 247–254 (2011) [CrossRef]
- N. Greaves, H. Skinner, The importance of destination image analysis to UK rural tourism. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 28, 4, 486–507 (2010) [CrossRef]
- S.B. Hassan, M.S.A. Hamid, H.A. AL Bohairy, Perception of destination branding measures: a case study of Alexandria destination marketing organizations. Int. J. of Euro Mediterranean Studies, 3, 2, 269–288 2010)
- F. Wheeler, W. Frost, B. Weiler, Destination brand identity, values and community: a case study from rural Victoria Australia. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 28, 1, 13–26 (2011) [CrossRef]
- H. Qu, L.M. Kim, H.H. Im, A model of destination branding: integrating the concepts of the branding and destination image. Tourism Management, 32, 3, 465–476 (2011) [CrossRef]
- M. Palatkova, The 7-S-McKinsey model: an implementation tool of a destination marketing strategy in the Czech Republic. Global Management Journal, 3, 1/2, 44–54 (2011)
- C. Ryan, G. Prayag, The relationship between the ‘push’ and ‘pull’ factors of a tourist destination: the role of nationality – an analytical qualitative research approach. Current Issues in Tourism, 14, 2, 121–143 (2011) [CrossRef]
- N. Morgan, E. Hastings, A. Pritchard, Developing a new DMO marketing evaluation framework: the case of visit Wales. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 18, 1, 73–89 (2012) [CrossRef]
- P. Naidoo, P. Ramseook-Munhurrun, The brand image of a small island destination: the case of Mauritius. Global Journal of Business Research, 6, 1, 55–64 (2012)
- I. Zahra, Destination image and tourism: a case of Bangladesh. European Journal of Business and Management 4, 6, 18–27 (2012)
- F. A. L. Bouchon, Truly Asia and global city? Branding strategies and contested identities in Kuala Lumpur. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 1–13. doi:10.1057/pb.2013.21 (2013)
- C. Haven-Tang, D. Sedgley, Partnership working in enhancing the destination brand of rural areas: a case study of made in Monmouthshire, Wales, UK. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management. 3, 59–67 (2014) [CrossRef]
- A. Campelo, R. Aitkem, M. Thyne, J. Gnoth, Sense of place: the importance of destination branding. Journal of Travel Research 53, 2 (2014) 154–166. doi:10.1177/0047287287513496474 [CrossRef]
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: Design and methods. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- R. Ahmad, H. Usop, Conducting research in social sciences, humanities economics and management studies – A Practical Guide. Sarawak: RS Group Publishing House (2011).
- M.M. Kennedy, Generalising from single case studies, Evaluation Quartely 3, 4, 661–678 (1979) [CrossRef]
- G. Jennings, Tourism research 2nd ed. Milton, Australia: Wiley & Sons, (2010).
- W. Trochim, Qualitative Validity, Retrieved from: http://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb
- R. Aitken, A. Campelo, The four r’s of place branding. New Zealand: University of Otago (2009).
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 12, 20144th International Conference on Tourism Research (4ICTR)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||19 November 2014|