- Asghari, F., Saadat, S., Atefi Karajvandani, S., & Janalizadeh Kokaneh, S. 2014. The Relationship between Academic Self-Efficacy and Psychological Well-Being, Family Cohesion, and Spiritual Health among Students of Kharazmi University. Iranian Journal of Medical Education, 14(7): 581–593.
- Bowlby, J. 1982. Attachment and loss: retrospect and prospect. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 52(4): 664. [CrossRef]
- Bowlby, J. 2008. A secure base: Parent-child attachment and healthy human development: Basic Books.
- Cheung, C.-k. 2011. Children’s Sense of Belonging and Parental Social Capital Derived from School. Journal of Genetic Psychology, 172(2): 199–208. doi:10.1080/00221325.2010.520362 [CrossRef]
- Cong, Z., & An, L. J. 2004. Developing of Security Questionnaire and its Reliability and Validity. Chinese Mental Health Journal, 18(2): 97–99.
- Cook, J. E., Purdie-Vaughns, V., Garcia, J., & Cohen, G. L. 2012. Chronic threat and contingent belonging: Protective benefits of values affirmation on identity development. J Pers Soc Psychol, 102(3): 479–496. doi: 10.1037/a0026312 [CrossRef]
- Crespo, C., Kielpikowski, M., Pryor, J., & Jose, P. E. 2011. Family rituals in New Zealand families: links to family cohesion and adolescents’ well-being. Journal ofFamily Psychology, 25(2): 184. [CrossRef]
- Dweck, C. S. 1986. Motivational processes affecting learning. American psychologist,41(10): 1040. [CrossRef]
- Dweck, C. S., & Bempechat, J. 1983. Children’s theories of intelligence: Consequences for learning. Learning and motivation in the classroom, 239–256.
- Elliot, A. J., & Harackiewicz, J. M. 1996. Approach and Avoidance Achievement Goals and Intrinsic Motivation: A Mediational Analysis. Journal of Personality & Social Psychology, 70(3): 461–475. [CrossRef]
- Faircloth, B. S., & Hamm, J. V. 2005. Sense of belonging among high school students representing 4 ethnic groups. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 34(4): 293–309. [CrossRef]
- Goodenow, C. 1993. The psychological sense of school membership among adolescents: Scale development and educational correlates. Psychology in the Schools, 30(1):79–90. [CrossRef]
- Guo, G. 2009. The Relationship between the Family Relationship of Pupils and the School Belonging of Pupils (Master), Sichuan Normal University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
- Hagborg, W. J. 1994. An exploration of school membership among middle-and high-school students. Journal of Psycho educational Assessment, 12(4): 312–323. [CrossRef]
- Hamama, L., & Arazi, Y. 2012. Aggressive behaviour in at-risk children: contribution of subjective well-being and family cohesion. Child & Family Social Work, 17(3): 284–295. [CrossRef]
- Leidy, M. S., Guerra, N. G., & Toro, R. I. 2012. Positive parenting, family cohesion, and child social competence among immigrant Latino families. Journal of Latina/oPsychology, 1(S): 3–13. doi: 10.1037/2168-1678.1.S.3
- Liao, C., Hu, Y., & Zhang, J. 2014. Measuring the sense of security of children left behind in China. Social Behavior and Personality: an international journal, 42(10):1585–1601. [CrossRef]
- Lindahl, K. M., & Malik, N. M. 2011. Marital conflict typology and children’s appraisals: the moderating role of family cohesion. Journal of Family Psychology, 25(2): 194. [CrossRef]
- Maslow, A. H., Hirsh, E., Stein, M., & Honigmann, I. 1945. A clinically derived test for measuring psychological security-insecurity. The Journal of general psychology,33(1): 21–41. [CrossRef]
- Matthews, J. S., Banerjee, M., & Lauermann, F. 2014. Academic Identity Formation and Motivation among Ethnic Minority Adolescents: The Role of the “Self” Between Internal and External Perceptions of Identity. Child Development, 85(6): 2355–2373.doi:10.1111/cdev.12318
- Maurizi, L. K., Ceballo, R., Epstein-Ngo, Q., & Cortina, K. S. 2013. Does neighborhood belonging matter? Examining school and neighborhood belonging as protective factors for Latino adolescents. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 83(2-3): 323–334.doi:10.1111/ajop.12017 [CrossRef]
- Merkaš, M., & Brajša-Žganec, A. 2011. Children with different levels of hope: are there differences in their self-esteem, life satisfaction, social support, and family cohesion? Child Indicators Research, 4(3): 499–514. [CrossRef]
- Mikulincer, M., Shaver, P. R., & Rom, E. 2011. The effects of implicit and explicit security priming on creative problem solving. Cognition and Emotion, 25(3): 519–531. [CrossRef]
- Moreira, H., Frontini, R., Bullinger, M., & Canavarro, M. C. 2014. Family Cohesion and Health-Related Quality of Life of Children with Type 1 Diabetes: The Mediating Role of Parental Adjustment. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 23(2): 347–359. [CrossRef]
- Olson, D. H., McCubbin, H. I., Barnes, H., Larsen, A., Muxen, M., & Wilson, M. 1982. Family inventories: Inventories used in a national survey of families across the family life cycle: University of Minnesota St. Paul, MN.
- Phillips, M. R., West, C. L., Shen, Q., & Zheng, Y. 1998. Comparison of schizophrenic patients’ families and normal families in China, using Chinese versions of FACES-II and the family environment scales. Family Process, 37(1): 95–106. [CrossRef]
- Sijtsema, J. J., Nederhof, E., Veenstra, R., Ormel, J., Oldehinkel, A. J., & Ellis, B. J.2013. Effects of family cohesion and heart rate reactivity on aggressive/rule-breaking behavior and prosocial behavior in adolescence: The Tracking Adolescents’ Individual Lives Survey study. Development and psychopathology, 25(03): 699–712. [CrossRef]
- Tolan, P. H., Gorman-Smith, D., Huesmann, L. R., & Zelli, A. 1997. Assessment of family relationship characteristics: a measure to explain risk for antisocial behavior and depression among urban youth. Psychological Assessment, 9(3): 212. [CrossRef]
- Walton, G. M., Cohen, G. L., Cwir, D., & Spencer, S. J. 2012. Mere belonging: The power of social connections. J Pers Soc Psychol, 102(3): 513–532. [CrossRef]
- Wehlage, G. G. 1989. Dropping out: can schools be expected to prevent it: Dropouts from school: issues, dilemmas, and solutions. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Yongmei, Z,P. F. C. G. 1999. Experiments about the Achievement Goal Theory and its Pattern of Motivation Psychological Science, 22(5): 463–464.
- Yoo, Y., Adamsons, K., Robinson, J., & Sabatelli, R. 2015. Longitudinal Influence of Paternal Distress on Children’s Representations of Fathers, Family Cohesion, and Family Conflict. Journal of Child & Family Studies, 24(3): 591–607. doi: 10.1007/s10826-013-9870-7 [CrossRef]
- Yuhui, Q., & Xiang, W. 2015. Review of School Belonging. Paper presented at the 2015 International Conference on Social Science and Technology Education.
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 19, 20152015 Chinese Youth’s Health Forum – Physiology, Psychology and Education (CYHF 2015)
|Number of page(s)||9|
|Published online||25 September 2015|