- Abu Farha, F. K., & Khraisheh, M. K. (2008). An Integrated Approach to the Superplastic Forming of Lightweight Alloys: Towards Sustainable Manufacturing. International Journal of Sustainable Manufacturing, 1,18–40. [CrossRef]
- Agut, M. P. M., Ull, M. A., & Minguet, P. A. (2014). Education for sustainable development in early childhood education in Spain. Evolution, trends and proposals. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, 22(2), 213–228. [CrossRef]
- Aini, M. ., & Laily, P. (2010). Preparedness of Malaysian Pre-school Educators for Environmental Education. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, 18(2), 271–283.
- Bates, S. & Tregenza, N. (2007). Education for Sustainability in the Early Years: A Case Study from Hallett Cove Preschool. Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative: South Australia
- Braithwaite, D. (2014).‘One nearly on finger’: A forest kindergarden in rural New Zealand. Journal of Teachers’ Work, 11 (1), 3–16.
- Çabuk, B. (2001). Environmental awareness level of preschool children. Ankara University. Turkey.
- Chawla, L. (1988). Childrenís concern for the natural environment. Childrenís Environments Quarterly, 5(3), 13–20.
- Frank C. Leeming, William O’Dwyer & Bruce A. Bracken (1995). Children’s Environmental Attitude and Knowledge Scale (CHEAKS).
- Davis, J. M. (2009). Revealing the research “Hole” of early childhood education for sustainability: A preliminary survey of the literature. Education for Environmental Education Research, 15(2), 227–241. [CrossRef]
- Edwards, S & Cutter-MacKenzie (2011). Environmentalising early childhood education curriculum through pedagogies of play. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 51–59.
- Eriksen, K. G. (2013). Why education for sustainable development needs early childhood education: the case of Norway. Journal of teacher Education for Sustainability, 14(1),107–120
- Ernst, J. (2007). Factors associated with K-12 teachers’ use of environment-based education. Journal of Environmental Education, 38(3), 15–32. [CrossRef]
- Eva, A. H. (2013). Respect for – nature a prescription for developing awareness in preschool. CEPS Journal, 3(1), 25–44
- Hägglund, S., & Samuelsson, I. P. (2009). Early childhood education and learning for sustainable development and citizenship. International Journal of Early Childhood, 41(2), 49–64. [CrossRef]
- Hanifah. (2013). Awareness And Commitment Towards Education For Sustainable Development In School Communities. Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris.
- Hart, S. (1978). Beyond greening: strategies for a sustainable world. Harvard Business. Review 2000:66–76
- Hasnah, A., Dody, D., Noraziah, A., Maznah, I., & Sarifah, Y. (2012). Community and solid waste management practices towards community sustainability: The case of household women in Bandar Baru Bangi, Malaysia. Malaysia Journal of Society and Space, (5), 64–75).
- Hopkins, C. & McKeown, R. (2002). Environment education for sustainability: Responding to the global challenges. In D. G. Tilbury, D. Stevenson, R.B.Fien, & J. Schreuder (Ed.),. U.K.: IUCN Commission on Education and Communication.
- Hülya, G. (2011). Reliability and Validity Studies of the Turkish Version of the Children’s Attitudes toward the Environment Scale-Preschool Version (CATES-PV) and the Analysis of Children’s Pro-environmental Behaviors According to Different Variables. Asian Social Science, 7(10), 231–240.
- Glenn, J. L. (2000). Environment-based education: Creating high performance schools and students. Washington, DC: NEETF.
- Johansson, E. (2009). The preschool child of today – The world-citizen of tomorrow? International Journal of Early Childhood, 41(2), 79–96. [CrossRef]
- Joshi, U. (2009). Education for Sustainable Development-The Role of University. In International Forum of Teaching and Studies Marietta (pp. 62–69).
- Kaseri, S. (1992). The relationship between the level of environmental awareness and the level of cognitive development among secondary school students in the state of Selangor. Bangi: Faculty of Education.
- Lampa, I., Greculescu, A. & Todorescu (2013). Education for Sustainable Development – Training the Young Generation for the Future. Social and Behavioral Sciences 78 120–124
- Leeming, F., William, O., & Bracken, B. (1995). Scale, Children’s Environmental Attitude and Knowledge (CHEAKS). The Journal of Environmental Education, 26(3), 22–32. [CrossRef]
- Lieberman, G., & Hoody, L. (1998). Closing the achievement gap: Using the environment as an integrating context for learning. San Diego, CA: State Education and Environmental Roundtable.
- Louv, R. (2005). Last child in the woods: Saving our children from nature-deficit disorder. Chapel Hill, NC: Algonquin Books
- Ministry of Education. (2010). National Preschool Curriculum: National Standard Curriculum for Preschool 2010. Putrajaya: Curriculum Development Centre.
- Md Zain, S., Ahmad Basri, N. E., Basri, H., Zakaria, N., Elfithri, R., Ahmad, M.,Istear Khan, I. A. (2011). Recycling Practices concerns on sustainability attitudes and behaviors. Proceeding on Education Engineering & the Built Environment (PeKA’11) Congress Teaching and Learning UKM, 421–435.
- Mackey, A. (2012). Input, interaction and corrective feedback in L2 classrooms. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Martinez Agut, M. P., Ull, M. A., and Minguet, P. A. (2014). Education for sustainable development in early childhood education in spain. Evolution, trends and proposals. European n Early Childhood Education Research Journal, Vol. 22, No. 2, 213–228 [CrossRef]
- Mohmadisa Hasyim, & Mohamad Suhaily Yusri Che Ngah (2010). Development and Environment in Malaysia. Tanjong Malim Perak: Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris.
- Moroye, C.(2005). Common ground : An ecological Perspective on teaching and learning. Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue, 7(1/2), 123–139.
- Özturk, D.. (2010). Preschool children’s attitudes towards selected environmental issues. Middle East Technical University.
- Palmer, J. A. (1995). Environmental thinking in the early years. Understanding and misunderstanding of concepts related to waste management. Environmental Education Research, 1(1), 35–45. [CrossRef]
- Palmer, J.A., Suggate, J., Bajd, B. & Tsaliki, E. (1998). Significant Influences on the Development of Adult’s Environmental Awareness in the UK, Slovenia and Greece. Environmental Education Research, Vol. 4, No. pp.429–464 Oxford Carfax
- Roslee, T., Dg Norizah, A. K., Soon Singh, B. S., & Muniandy, S. (2012). Environmental Education and Its Relationship with the knowledge and Environmental Awareness Among Secondary School Students in Urban and Rural Areas in Tawau. Pendidikan Alam Sekitar : Melestarikan Kesedaran Masyarakat Di Malaysia.
- Salonen, A. O.. dan Tast, S. (2013). Finnish Early Childhood Educators Sustainable Development. Journal of Sustainable Development; 6 (2); 2013 [CrossRef]
- Samuelsson, I. P. (2011). Why we should begin early with ESD: The role of early childhood education. Department of Education, Communication and Learning, University of Gothenburg. Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 43:103–118.
- Samuelsson, I. P., & Kaga, Y. (2010). Early childhood education in transforming cultures forsustainability. In E. Assadourian (Ed.), State of the World 2010. Transforming cultures: From consumerism to sustainability. Washington: Worldwatch Institute.pp. 57–61
- Scoullos, M., & Malotidi, V. (2004). Handbook on methods used in environmental education and education. Athens: MIO-ECSDE. Retrieved from http://www.medies.net/_uploaded_files/publications/HANDBOOK._ENGpdf.pdf
- Siraj-Blatchford, J. (2009). Editorial: Education for sustainable development in early childhood. International Journal of Early Childhood, 41(2), 9–22. [CrossRef]
- Siti Aminah, M., Rainah, G., & Cynthia, A. R. D. (2009). Residents Consciousness Studies UiTM Campus Kota Kinabalu Against Waste Reduction. UiTM. Publisher.
- Sterling, S. (2003). Whole Systems Thinking as a Basis for Paradigm Change in Education: Explorations in the context of sustainability. University of Bath.
- Tilbury, D., Stevenson, R., Fein, J., Schreuder, D. (2002). Education and sustainability responding to the global challeng. International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (p. 6). Gland.
- UNESCO (2012). Education for sustainable development good practices in early childhood. Perancis.
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 23, 2016PSU-USM-NSTRU 2014 International Conference on Arts and Sciences 2014 “Arts and Sciences Research 2014: Spot of Change for Tomorrow”
|Number of page(s)||13|
|Published online||06 January 2016|