- Alan J. Auerbach & David Reishus. 1987. Mergers and Acquisitions, Chapter 4: The Impact of Taxation on Mergers and Acquisitions, University of Chicago Press.
- Al-Sharkas A.A., Hassan M.K. & Lawrence S. 2008. The impact of mergers and acquisitions on the efficiency of the US banking industry: Further evidence. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 35: 50–70. [CrossRef]
- Arnold G. 2013. Corporate Financial Management, Chapter 20 Mergers. England: Pearson Essex.
- Badík M. 2007. Motives and reasons of the bank mergers in the EU, 11th International Conference on Finance and Banking: Future of the European Monetary Integration, pp. 57–69, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 18 November 2014.
- Baradwaj B., Fraser D. & Furtado E. 1990. Hostile bank takeover offers, Journal of Banking and Finance, 14(6): 1229–1242, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Berger A.N., DeYoung R., Genay H. & Udell G.F. 2000. The globalization of financial institutions: Evidence from cross-border banking performance. Brookings-Wharton Papers on Financial Services. 3: 23–125. [CrossRef]
- Cetorelli N.H., B, Morgan D.P., S. & Santos J. 2007. ‘Trends in financial market concentration and their implications for market stability, Economic Policy Review (19320426), 13(1): 33–51, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 18 November 2014.
- Choi S., Francis B. & Hasan I. 2010. Cross-border bank M&As and risk: Evidence from the bond market, Journal Of Money, Credit and Banking (Wiley- Blackwell), 42(4): 615–645, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Chronopoulos D., Girardone C. & Nankervis J. 2013. How do stock markets in the US and Europe price efficiency gains from bank M&As?, Journal of Financial Services Research, 43(3): 243–263, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Chuang K. 2014. Financial advisors, financial crisis, and shareholder wealth in bank mergers, Global Finance Journal, 25(3): 229–245, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Crouzille C., Lepetit L., & Bautista C. 2008. How did the Asian stock markets react to bank mergers after the 1997 financial crisis?, Pacific Economic Review, 13(2): 171–182, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Cybo-Ottone A. & Murgia M. 2000. Mergers and share-holder wealth in European banking, Journal of Banking and Finance, 24(6): 831–859. [CrossRef]
- David H., Stephen R., Randolph W. & Jeffrey J. 2010. Corporate Finance: European Edition (1st edition), McGraw-Hill Higher Education, pp.808.
- Do announcements of bank acquisitions in emerging markets create value? (2007) Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, 47(1): 86, Business Source Complete, EB-SCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014.
- Fama E., Fisher L., Jensen M. & Roll R. 1969. The adjustment of stock prices to new information, International Economic Review, 10(1): 1, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Fama E, & French K. 1993. Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds, Journal of Financial Economics, 33(1): 3–56, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Finkelstein S. 2009. The effects of strategic and market complementarity on acquisition performance: Evidence from the US commercial banking industry, 1989-2001. Strategic Management Journal, 30(6): 617–646. [CrossRef]
- Greve H.R. 1999. Branch systems and nonlocal learning in populations. In Advances in Strategic Management: Population Level Learning and Industry Change, Miner AS, Anderson P (eds). JAI Press: Greenwich, CT; pp. 57–80
- Ismail A. & Davidson I. 2007. The determinants of target returns in european bank mergers, Service Industries Journal, 27(5): 617–634, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 12 December 2014. [CrossRef]
- Kiymaz H. 2013. Cross-border mergers and acquisitions and country risk ratings: Evidence from U.S. financials, International Journal of Business and Finance Research, 7(1): 17–29, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 13 December 2014.
- Kolaric S. & Schiereck D. 2014. Performance of bank mergers and acquisitions: a review of the recent empirical evidence, Management Review Quarterly, 64(1): 39–71. [CrossRef]
- Oladipupo A.O. & Okafor C.O. 2011. Control of shareholders’ wealth maximization in Nigeria, The Journal of Business Systems, Governance and Ethics. [retrived 10th December, 2014] from Ebschost Business Source Premier database.
- Reed S.F., Lajoux A. & Nesvold H.P. 2007. The Art of M&A, Fourth Edition: A Merger Acquisition Buyout Guide, McGraw Hill Professional.
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 25, 2016ICITCE 2015 – 3rd International Conference on Information Technology and Career Education
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Economy and technology|
|Published online||22 April 2016|