- Capel, S., Leask, M. & Turner, T., Learning to teach in the secondary school: a companion to school experience. London: Routledge, (1995).
- Chong, A. L. & Norlena, S., The implementation of physical education in secondary school: A preliminary study. Proceedings of the International Seminar Comparative Studies In Educational System Between Indonesia & Malaysia, 15-16 June. University of Education Indonesia, Bandung, pp.955–971, (2010).
- Corcoran, T., Helping teachers teach well: Transforming professional development. Consortium for Policy Research in Education Policy Briefs. Retrieved from http://www.ed.gov/pubs/CPRE/t61/index.html, (1995, June).
- Croll, P. & Moses, D., Perspectives on the National Curriculum in Primary and Secondary Schools. Educational Studies, 16 (2), 187–198, (1990). [CrossRef]
- Diaz-Maggioli, G. (2004). Teacher-centered professional development. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Department.
- Fetterman, D.M., Deitz, J. & Gesundheit, N., Empowerment evaluation: A collaborative approach to evaluating and transforming a medical school curriculum. Academic Medicine, 85(5), 813–820, (2010). [CrossRef]
- Frymier, J.R. & Hawn, H.C., Curriculum improvement for better schools. Worthington, Ohio: Charles A. Jones, (1970).
- Grineski, S., The image and future of physical education: Cultural inertia. Proceedings. Conference on the Future of Physical Education. Brockport: State University of New York, (1994, October).
- Guskey, T. R., Professional development in education: In search of an optimum mix. In Guskey, T. & Huberman, M. (Eds.), Professional Development in Education: New Paradigms and Practices (pp. 114–131). New York, NY:Teachers College Press, Columbia University, (1995).
- Huberman, M., The professional life cycle of teachers. Teachers College Record, 91, 31–57, (1989).
- Leithwood, K., Seashore-Louis, K., Anderson, S., & Wahlstrom, K., Review of research: How leadership influences student learning. New York: Wallace Foundation, (2004).
- Lynch, P.D. & Saifelislam, O., The Implementation of the New Educational Policy in the Sudan, 1970-85: promise and reality. Educational Review, 41(3), 257–261, (1989). [CrossRef]
- Robinson, M.H., Middle school teachers’ perceptions of professional development experiences. Doctor of Education dissertation, Western Carolina University, USA, (2011).
- McNeill, M., Lim, B.S.C., Wang, C.K.J., Tan, W.K.C., & MacPhail, A., Moving towards quality physical education: Physical education provision in Singapore. European physical education review, 15, 201–223, (2009). [CrossRef]
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia [MOEM], Report on the teaching of physical education in secondary school (In National Language of Malaysia). Kuala Lumpur: Federal Inspectorate of Schools, (1988).
- Ministry of Education Malaysia [MOEM], Letter of professional service. No.2/1998 (In National Language of Malaysia). Kuala Lumpur: Author, (1998).
- Ministry of Education Malaysia [MOEM], Report on the Teaching of Physical Education in Secondary School. (In National Language of Malaysia). Kuala Lumpur: Federal Inspectorate of Schools [FIS], (1994/95).
- Ministry of Education Malaysia [MOEM], Secondary School Inspectorate Report. (In National Language of Malaysia). Kuala Lumpur: FIS, (2007).
- Pate, E., & Thompson, K., Effective professional development: What is it? In Andrews, G., & Anfara, V., Jr. (Eds.), Leaders for a Movement (pp. 123–143). Westerville, OH: Information Age, (2003).
- Porter, A.C. & Brophy, J., Synthesis of research on good teaching: insights from the work of the institute for research on teaching. Educational Leadership, 45(8), 74–85, (1988).
- Reynolds, D., ‘The effective school’, Managing Schools Today, 1(7), 16–18, (1992).
- Schlairet, M.C., Simulation in an undergraduate nursing curriculum: implementation and impact evaluation. The Journal of Nursing Education, 50(10), 561–568, (2011). [CrossRef]
- Sebastian, B.A.S., Comparative study of the implementation of Physical Education Programme in Bintulu and Shah Alam secondary schools. Undergraduate Project, Uiniversiti of Teknologi MARA, (2006).
- Seyfarth, J.T., Personnel management for effective schools. Massachusetts: Allyn & Bacon, (1991).
- Tan, S. E., & Lee, F. K., Reviving physical education in schools: A small dosage of management and commitment from the educational leaders. The Journal of Administrative Science, 14(1), 45–52, (2004).
- Thompson, A., Caring in Context: Four Feminist Theories on Gender and Education. Curriculum Inquiry, 33(1), 9–65, (2003). [CrossRef]
- Thomson, R., Managing People. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, (1993).
- Wee, E.H., Contemporary issues in the teaching of PE in Malaysia. J Physical Activity, Sport & Exercise, 1(1), 17–20, (2013).
- Wee, E.H., ‘Perceptions of non-PE major teachers on the implementation of Malaysian secondary school PE program’. Proceeding of the 7th International Scientific Conference on Kinesiology (22-25 May 2014) in Opatija, Croatia, (2014).
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 26, 2016ERPA International Congresses on Education 2015 (ERPA 2015)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||26 April 2016|