SHS Web Conf.
Volume 86, 2020ICORE 2019 – The International Conference on Rural Development and Entrepreneurship
|Number of page(s)||14|
|Published online||20 November 2020|
Study of Internal Factors and External Factors of Insurance Companies Towards Company Value (Study on Indonesia Stock Exchange)
Management Study Program, Trunojoyo Madura University, Indonesia
* Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this study is to determine the influence of the company’s external factors with proxies: inflation and interest rates, and the company’s internal factors with proxies: Return on Equity, and Debt to Equity Ratio partially and simultaneously to firm value in insurance sector companies listed on the Stock Exchange Indonesia. The research method used in this study is quantitative research methods, with the object of research of insurance companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, amounting to 14 companies. This study used a purposive sampling technique that produced 8 companies as the research sample. The research data source uses secondary data in the form of documents including data about the company’s general description and financial statements of insurance companies on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) for 5 years. The results of this study indicate inflation, interest rates, Return on Equity, and Debt to Equity Ratio simultaneously have a positive but not significant effect on company value, then partially the other 3 variables, namely inflation, interest rates, and Debt to Equity Ratio have a positive effect but not significant to firm value, while variable Return on Equity has a positive and significant effect on firm value. Based on the coefficient of determination of 0.138 this shows the influence of 4 variables, namely inflation, interest rates, return on equity, debt to equity ratio of 13.8% while the remaining 86.2% is influenced by other factors, for example: the level of competition, policy company, developments in macroeconomic conditions.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2020
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.