SHS Web Conf.
Volume 173, 2023The 4th Annual Conference on Education and Social Sciences (ACcESS 2022)
|Number of page(s)
|Advances in Education
|07 August 2023
Contribution of E-Leadership to 21st-Century Competencies of Principals in Riau Province
1 Community Education Study Program, Teacher Training and Education Faculty, University of Riau, Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia
2 Elementary School Teacher Study Program, Teacher Training and Education Faculty, University of Riau, Pekanbaru, Riau, Indonesia
* Corresponding author: email@example.com
The main objective of this study was to examine the contribution of e-leadership, specifically among principals in Elementary Schools, Junior High Schools, Senior High Schools, and Vocational High Schools. The study population consisted of 384 participants, with a sample size of 196 principals. A quantitative approach was used, employing two variables. Data was collected through a questionnaire and analysed using descriptive and inferential statistical analysis. The results of the study indicated that the mean score for Principals’ 21st-century Competencies was 3.76, falling into the highest category. Similarly, the mean score for the Variable E-Leadership among principals was 3.77, also falling into the highest category. The study revealed that e-leadership accounted for 69.80% of the contribution to the principals’ 21st-century Competencies, with the remaining 30.20% being attributed to other factors. It is important to note that principals who demonstrate effective leadership utilizing technological advancements in the 21st-century are more likely to possess good 21st-century competencies. The findings also highlight that higher levels of e-leadership correspond to greater competency among principals in the 21st-century. Therefore, it is recommended that principals enhance their e-leadership capabilities to further develop their 21st-century competencies.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2023
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.