SHS Web Conf.
Volume 31, 2016ERPA International Congresses on Education 2016 (ERPA 2016)
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Published online||05 September 2016|
- “Assessing Your Weight and Health Risk”. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/risk.htm, Retrieved: 16.06.2016
- S. Barene, P. Krustrup, S. R. Jackman, O. L. Brekke & A. Holtermann, Do soccer and Zumba exercise improve fitness and indicators of health among female hospital employees? A 12‐week RCT. Scand J Med Sci Sports, 24(6), 990–999 (2014). [CrossRef]
- “BMI Classification”, Global Database on Body Mass Index. World Health Organization. 2006. Retrieved: 27.05.2016
- C. E. Broeder, K. A. Burrhus, L. S. Svanevik, J. H. Wilmore, The effects of aerobic fitness on resting metabolic rate. Am J Clin Nutr 55 (4): 795–801(1992).
- W. W. Campbell, M. C. Crim, V. R. Young & W. J. Evans, Increased energy requirements and changes in body composition with resistance training in older adults. Am J Clin Nutr, 60(2), 167–175 (1994).
- “Defining obesity”. National Health Service. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Obesity/Pages/Introduction.aspx, Retrieved: 15.06.2016
- A. A. Delextrat, S. Warner, S. Graham & E. Neupert, An 8-Week Exercise Intervention Based on Zumba Improves Aerobic Fitness and Psychological Well-Being in Healthy Women. J Physic Act Health, 13(2) (2016).
- L. J. García & P. V. Martínez, Physiological adaptations to aerobic exercise; Physiologic Responses and Long-Term Adaptations to Exercise, https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/sgr/pdf/chap3.pdf (2015), Retrieved: 20.04.2016
- T. L. Halton & F. B. Hu, The effects of high protein diets on thermogenesis, satiety and weight loss: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr, 23(5), 373–385 (2004). [CrossRef]
- M. C. Klempel, C. M. Kroeger, S. Bhutani, J. F. Trepanowski & K. A. Varady, Intermittent fasting combined with calorie restriction is effective for weight loss and cardio-protection in obese women. Nutr J, 11(1), 1 (2012). [CrossRef]
- S. Krishnan, T. N. Tokar, M. M. Boylan, K. Griffin, D. Feng, L. Mcmurry, C. Esperat, J. A. Cooper, Zumba® Dance Improves Health in Overweight/Obese or Type 2 Diabetic Women, Am J Health Behav, 39(1), pp. 109–120(12) (2015). [CrossRef]
- M. Luettgen, C. Foster, S. Doberstein, R. Mikat & J. Porcari, ZUMBA®: Is the “fitness-party” a good workout. JSSM, 11(2), 357–358 (2012).
- T. M. Manini, Energy expenditure and aging. Ageing Res Rev. 9 (1): 1–11 (2010). [CrossRef]
- R. G. McMurray, J. Soares, C. J. Caspersen, T. McCurdy, “Examining variations of resting metabolic rate of adults: a public health perspective”. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 46 (7): 1352–1358 (2014). [CrossRef]
- D. A. Smith, J. Dollman, R. T. Withers, M. Brinkman, J. P. Keeves, D. G. Clark, Relationship between maximum aerobic power and resting metabolic rate in young adult women. J Appl Physiol 82 (1): 156–63 (1997).
- A.V. Staff, Zumba Dance Workout, http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/logout/sport/zumba.htm, Retrieved: 09.06.2016
- E. Sternlicht, F. Frisch & K.D. Sumida, Zumba® Fitness workouts: are they an appropriate alternative to running or cycling. Sport Sci Health, 9, 155–159 (2013). [CrossRef]
- M. P. St-Onge & D. Gallagher, Body composition changes with aging: the cause or the result of alterations in metabolic rate and macronutrient oxidation? Nutrition, 26(2), 152–155 (2010). [CrossRef]
- W. R. Thompson, Worldwide survey of fitness trends for 2012. ACSM’s Health Fit J, 15(6), 9 (2011).
- D. L. Williamson & J. P. Kirwan, A single bout of concentric resistance exercise increases basal metabolic rate 48 hours after exercise in healthy 59–77-year-old men. J Gerontol Series A: Biol Sci Med Sci, 52(6), M352–M355 (1997).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.