- Anduiza-Perea, E. (2005) Electoral Behaviour in Europe. European Political Science, 4, p. 489–501. [CrossRef]
- Bauer, J.R. (1990) Patterns of Voter Participation in the American States. Social Science Quarterly, 71 (4), p. 824–834.
- Bell, D. (1960) The End of Ideology: On the Exhaustion of Political Ideas in the Fifties. Free Press.
- Chandra, K. (2004) Why Ethnic Parties Succeed: Patronage and Ethnic Head Counts in India. Cambridge University Press.
- Cho Tam, W.K. (1999) Naturalization, Socialization, Participation: Immigrants and (Non-) Voting. The Journal of Politics, 61(4), p. 1141–1144. [CrossRef]
- Conover, Feldman. (1981) The origins and meaning of liberal/conservative self-identifications. American Journal of Political Science, 25, p. 617–45. [CrossRef]
- Conway, M.M. (1985) Political participation in the United States. Washington, DC: Congressional Quarterly.
- Commercio, M.E. (2008) Systems of Partial Control: Ethnic Dynamics in Post-Soviet Estonia and Latvia. Studies in Comparative International Development, 43(1), p. 81–90.
- Da, W. (2006) Rational Choice and Primordialism: A Case Study of Ethnic Identities among the Ersu of Sichuan. Taiwan Journal of Anthropology, 4 (1), p.113–117.
- Downs, A. (1957) An Economic Theory of Democracy. Harper Collins Publishers.
- Freire, A, Lobo, M.C. (2005) Economics, ideology and vote: Southern Europe, 1985–2000. European Journal of Political Research, 44(4), p. 493–518. [CrossRef]
- Eurobarometer 74 (2010), Latvia National Report, European Commission. EES (2009), European Parliament Election Study 2009, [Voter Study], Release, 30/06/2010. www.piredeu.eu
- Freire, A. (2005) Left-right and the European Parliament vote in 2004. In The annual meeting of the American Political Science Association in Washington. On-line: http://www.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/0/4/1/4/7/pages41474/ p41474-1.php
- Freire, A. (2006) Bringing Social Identities Back In: The Social Anchors of Left-Right Orientation in Western Europe.International Political Science Review, 27 (4), p. 359–363. [CrossRef]
- Freire, A. (2008) Party Polarization And Citizens’ Left–Right Orientations. Party Politics, 14 (2), p. 189–193. [CrossRef]
- Inglehart, R., Klingemann, H.D. (1976) Party Identification, Ideological Preference and the Left-Right Dimension among Western Mass Publics. In Budge, I., Crewe, I., Farlie, D. (ed.) Party Identification and Beyond. London: John Wiley.
- Kroh, M. (2007) Measuring Left–Right Political Orientation: The Choice Of Response Format. Public Opinion Quarterly, 71 (2), p. 207–217. [CrossRef]
- Laponce, J.A. (1981) The Topography of Political Perceptions. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- LeDuc, L., Niemi, R., Norris, P. (1996) Comparing Democracies: Elections and Voting in Global Perspective. Sage Publications.
- Lipset, S.M. (1960) Political Man: The Social Basis of Politics. New York: Free Press.
- Mair. P. (1997) Party System Change: Approaches and Interpretations. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Murray, R., Vedlitz, A. (1977) Race, Socioeconomic Status, and Voting Participation in Large Southern Cities. The Journal of Politics, 39, p. 1064 - 1072. [CrossRef]
- Siaroff, A., Merer, J.W.A. (2002) Parliamentary Election Turnout in Europe Since 1990. Political Studies, 50 (5), p. 915–920. [CrossRef]
- Todosijević, B. (2004) The Hungarian Voter: Left–Right Dimension as a Clue to Policy Preferences. International Political Science Review, 25 (4), p. 411–415. [CrossRef]
- Verba, S., Nie, N., Kim, J. (1978) Participation and Political Equility. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
- Vikmane, E., Kreituse, I. (2009) The Impact of The Socio-Economic Factors on the Electoral Behaviour in Young EU Member States: Problem-Posing and Methodological Approach. The Case of Latvia and Estonia. European Integration Studies: Research and Topicalities, 3, p. 230–235.
- Vikmane, E., Kreituse, I. (2010) Consistent Choice at the Ballot Box: Perceptions that Matter in Estonia and Latvia. European Integration Studies: Research and Topicalities, 4, p. 78–84.
SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 2, 20123rd International Interdisciplinary Scientific Conference SOCIETY. HEALTH. WELFARE –1st Congress of Rehabilitation Doctors of Latvia
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||17 October 2012|