SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 12, 20144th International Conference on Tourism Research (4ICTR)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||19 November 2014|
- J. W. Cresswell, Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods. approaches 4th ed., Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Inc. (2014).
- J. W. Cresswell, Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing among five traditions. Thousand Oaks, CA; Sage (1998).
- C. Marshall, G.B. Rossman. Designing qualitative research (5th ed.). Thousands Oaks, CA: Sage (2011).
- J. Mouton, The practice of social research. Cape Town: Oxford University Press (2001).
- D. Ary, I. C. Jacobs, A. Razavieh, C. K. Sorensen, Introduction to research in education, New York: Centage Learning (2010).
- J. W. Cresswell, Qualitative inquiry and research design: choosing among five approaches 2nd ed., Thousand Oaks, CA; Sage (2007).
- H. Xiao, J. Smith, L.J. (2006). Case studies in tourism research: a state-of-the-art analysis, Tourism Management, 27, 738–749 (2006) [CrossRef]
- H. Simons, The paradox of case study, Cambridge Journal of Education 26, 2, 225–240 (1996) [CrossRef]
- J. Hamel, S. Dufour, D. Fortin, Case study methods. Newbury Park, CA: Sage (1993).
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: design and methods (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks California: Sage Publications, Inc. (2012).
- D.E. Polkinghorne, Phenomenological research methods. In: R.S. Valle & S. Halling (Eds.), Existential-Phenomenological Perspectives in Psychology, New York: Plenum Press. 41–60 (1989) [CrossRef]
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: design and methods 4thed., Thousand Oaks California: Sage Publications, Inc (2009).
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: design and methods 3rded., Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, Inc. (2003).
- S. Pike, Destination brand positions of a competitive set of near-home destinations. Tourism Management, 30, 6, 857–866 (2009) [CrossRef]
- M.S. Balakrishnan, Dubai – a star in the east. Journal of Place Management and Development 1, 1, 62–91 (2008) [CrossRef]
- N. Morgan, A. Pritchard, R. Piggott, Destination branding and the role of the stakeholders: the case of New Zealand. Journal of Vacation Marketing. 9, 3, 285–299 (2003) doi:10.1177/135676670300900307. [CrossRef]
- N. Morgan, A. Pritchard, R. Piggot, New Zealand, 100% pure. the creation of a powerful niche destination brand. Journal of Brand Management, 9, 4-5, 335–354 (2002) [CrossRef]
- C-S. Ooi, B. Stoeber, Authenticity and place branding: the arts and culture in branding Berlin and Singapore. In: B. T. Knudsen and A. M. Waade eds., Re-investing authenticity: tourism, places and emotions. Bristol: Channel View Publications. 66–79 (2010)
- H. Simons, Case study research in practice. London: Sage Publications limited (2009).
- M. Puvenesvary, R.A. Rahim, R.S. Naidu, M. Badis, N.F.M Nayan, N.H.A. Aziz. Qualitative research: Data collection and data analysis techniques. Sintok Universiti Utara Malaysia Press (2011).
- G. Marzano, N. Scott. Consistency in destination branding: the impact of events. Global Events Congress and Event Educators Forum, Brisbane, Australia, (2006) September 27-29, 196–205 (2006)
- S. Pike, Destination brand positioning slogans – towards the development of a set of accountability criteria. Acta Turistica, 16, 2, 102–124 (2004)
- G. Lee, L.A. Cai, J.T. Leary. WWW.Branding.State.US: an analysis of branding- building elements in the US State Tourism Websites. Tourism Management, 27, 815–828 (2005) [CrossRef]
- L. B. Berg, Qualitative research methods for social sciences 5thed., Boston: Pearson (2004).
- T.F. Carney, Content Analysis: a technique for systematic inference from communications. London: B.T. Batsford Limited (1972).
- A. Franklin, M. Crang, The problem with tourism and travel theory. Tourism Studies, 1, 1,5–22 (2001) [CrossRef]
- G. Marzano, N. Scott, Power in destination branding. Annals of Tourism Research, 36, 2, 247–267 (2009) [CrossRef]
- B.B. Esu, V. M.E. Arrey. (2009). Branding cultural festival as a destination attraction: a case study of Calabar carnival festival. International Business Research, 2, 3, 182–192 (2009)
- S. Hudson, J. R.B. Ritchie, Branding a memorable destination experience. the case of ‘brand Canada’. International Journal of Tourism Research, 11, 217–228 (2009) doi:10.1002/jtr.720. [CrossRef]
- S. Saraniemi, From destination image building to identity-based branding. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 5, 3, 247–254 (2011) [CrossRef]
- N. Greaves, H. Skinner, The importance of destination image analysis to UK rural tourism. Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 28, 4, 486–507 (2010) [CrossRef]
- S.B. Hassan, M.S.A. Hamid, H.A. AL Bohairy, Perception of destination branding measures: a case study of Alexandria destination marketing organizations. Int. J. of Euro Mediterranean Studies, 3, 2, 269–288 2010)
- F. Wheeler, W. Frost, B. Weiler, Destination brand identity, values and community: a case study from rural Victoria Australia. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 28, 1, 13–26 (2011) [CrossRef]
- H. Qu, L.M. Kim, H.H. Im, A model of destination branding: integrating the concepts of the branding and destination image. Tourism Management, 32, 3, 465–476 (2011) [CrossRef]
- M. Palatkova, The 7-S-McKinsey model: an implementation tool of a destination marketing strategy in the Czech Republic. Global Management Journal, 3, 1/2, 44–54 (2011)
- C. Ryan, G. Prayag, The relationship between the ‘push’ and ‘pull’ factors of a tourist destination: the role of nationality – an analytical qualitative research approach. Current Issues in Tourism, 14, 2, 121–143 (2011) [CrossRef]
- N. Morgan, E. Hastings, A. Pritchard, Developing a new DMO marketing evaluation framework: the case of visit Wales. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 18, 1, 73–89 (2012) [CrossRef]
- P. Naidoo, P. Ramseook-Munhurrun, The brand image of a small island destination: the case of Mauritius. Global Journal of Business Research, 6, 1, 55–64 (2012)
- I. Zahra, Destination image and tourism: a case of Bangladesh. European Journal of Business and Management 4, 6, 18–27 (2012)
- F. A. L. Bouchon, Truly Asia and global city? Branding strategies and contested identities in Kuala Lumpur. Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 1–13. doi:10.1057/pb.2013.21 (2013)
- C. Haven-Tang, D. Sedgley, Partnership working in enhancing the destination brand of rural areas: a case study of made in Monmouthshire, Wales, UK. Journal of Destination Marketing and Management. 3, 59–67 (2014) [CrossRef]
- A. Campelo, R. Aitkem, M. Thyne, J. Gnoth, Sense of place: the importance of destination branding. Journal of Travel Research 53, 2 (2014) 154–166. doi:10.1177/0047287287513496474 [CrossRef]
- R.K. Yin, Case study research: Design and methods. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- R. Ahmad, H. Usop, Conducting research in social sciences, humanities economics and management studies – A Practical Guide. Sarawak: RS Group Publishing House (2011).
- M.M. Kennedy, Generalising from single case studies, Evaluation Quartely 3, 4, 661–678 (1979) [CrossRef]
- G. Jennings, Tourism research 2nd ed. Milton, Australia: Wiley & Sons, (2010).
- W. Trochim, Qualitative Validity, Retrieved from: http://www.socialresearchmethods.net/kb
- R. Aitken, A. Campelo, The four r’s of place branding. New Zealand: University of Otago (2009).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.