SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 18, 2015ICoLASS 2014 – USM-POTO International Conference on Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
|Number of page(s)||17|
|Published online||10 July 2015|
- Baker, S. K., Simmons, E. J. and Kame’enui, E. J. (1997). Vocabulary acquisition: Research bases. In D. C. Simmons and E. J. Kame’enui, (Eds.), What Reading Research Tells Us about Children with Diverse Learning Needs: Bases and Basics, pp. 183–218. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Coady, J. (1997). L2 vocabulary acquisition through extensive reading. In J. Coady, and T. Huckin, (Eds.) Second-Language Vocabulary Acquisition: A Rationale for Pedagogy, pp. 225–237. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Bloom B. S. (1956). Taxonomy of Educational Objectives, Handbook I: The Cognitive Domain. New York: David McKay Co Inc.
- Griffin, G. F. and Harley, T. A. (1996). List learning of second language vocabulary. Applied Psycholinguistics. 17(4), pp. 443–460. [CrossRef]
- Haynes, M. and Baker, I. (1993). American and Chinese readers learning from lexical familiarization in English texts. In T. Huckin, M. Haynes, and J. Coady, (Eds.), Second Language Reading and Vocabulary Acquisition, pp. 130–152. Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
- Lehr, F., Osborn, J., and Hiebert, E. H., (2004). A Focus on Vocabulary. Pacific Resources for Education And Learning. Retrieved December 8, 2009 from http://vineproject.ucsc.edu/resources/A%20Focus%20on%20Vocabulary%20PREL.pdf
- Hu, M. and Nation, I. S. P. (2000) Unknown vocabulary density and reading comprehension. Reading in a Foreign Language. Vol. 13(1), pp. 403–430.
- Krashen, S. (1989). Language Acquisition and Language Education. New York: Prentice Hall International.
- Kucera, H and Francis, W. N. (1967). Computational Analysis of Present-Day American English. Providence, RI: Brown University Press.
- Laufer, B. (1997). The lexical plight in second language reading: Words you don’t know, words you think you know, and words you can’t guess. In J. Coady and T. Huckin, (Eds) Second Language Vocabulary Acquisition, pp. 20–34. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- McCarthy, M. (1990). Vocabulary. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Nation, I. S. P. (1983). Testing and teaching vocabulary. Guidelines. 5(1), pp. 12–25.
- Nation, I. S. P. (1990). Teaching and Learning Vocabulary. Massachusetts: Heinle & Heinle Publishers.
- Nation, I. S. P. (1993). Measuring readiness for simplified materials: A test of the first 1,000 words of English. In M. L. Tickoo, (Ed.), Simplification: Theory And Application, pp.193–203. RELC Anthology Series, 31.
- Nation, I. S. P. (2001). Learning Vocabulary in Another Language. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. [CrossRef]
- Nation, I. S. P. (2005). Vocabulary learning through extensive reading. In G. Poedjosoedarmo,. (Ed.), Innovative Approaches to Reading and Writing, pp. 10–21. RELC Anthology Series 46. RELC, Singapore.
- Nuttall, C. (1982). Teaching Reading Skills in a Foreign Language. London: Heinemann.
- Spencer, B.H. and Guillaume, A. M. (2009). 35 Strategies for Developing Content Area Vocabulary. Boston: Pearson.
- Stoddard, G. D. (1929). An experiment in verbal learning. Journal of Educational Psychology. 20(6), pp. 452–457. [CrossRef]
- Waring, R. (1997) A study of receptive and productive learning from word cards. Studies in Foreign Languages and Literature (Notre Dame Seishin University, Okayama). 21(1), pp. 94–114.
- Webb, S. (2002). Investigating the Effects of Learning Tasks on Vocabulary Knowledge. Unpublished Ph.D Thesis. Victoria University of Wellington.
- Webb, S. (2005). Receptive and productive vocabulary learning: The effects of reading and writing on word knowledge. Studies in Second Language Acquisition. 27(1), pp. 33–52. [CrossRef]
- Webb, S. (2007). Learning word pairs and glossed sentences: The effects of a single context on vocabulary knowledge. Language Teaching Research. 11 (1), 63–81. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.