SHS Web Conf.
Volume 34, 2017The 17th Annual Conference of the Asian Academic Accounting Association (2016 FourA Conference)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|Published online||14 February 2017|
- E. Fama, Efficient capital markets: A review of theory and empirical work. Journal of Finance, 25, 383–417 (1970) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- J. J. Murphy, Technical analysis of the financial markets: A comprehensive guide to trading methods and applications. New York, Penguin Putnam Inc (1999) [Google Scholar]
- J. L. Treynor, R. Ferguson, In defense of technical analysis. Journal of Finance, 40, 757–773 (1985) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- W. Brock, J. Lakonishok, B. LeBaron, Simple technical trading rules and the stochastic properties of stock returns. Journal of Finance, 47, 1731–1764 (1992) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A. W. Lo, H. Mamaysky, J. Wang, Foundations of technical analysis: Computational algorithms, statistical inference, and empirical implementation. Journal of Finance, 55, 1705–1765 (2000) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- P. Shen, Market timing strategies that worked. Journal of Portfolio Management, 29, 57–68 (2003) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- C. J. Neely, D. E. Rapach, J. Tu, G. Zhou, Forecasting the equity premium: The role of technical analysis. Journal of Management Science, 60,7, 1772–1791 (2011) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- B. R. Marshall, M. R. Young, L. C. Rose, Candlestick technical trading strategies: Can they create value for investors? Journal of Banking & Finance, 30, 2303–2323 (2006) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S. Nison, Japanese candlestick charting techniques. New York, New York Institute of Finance (1991) [Google Scholar]
- B. R. Marshall, M. R. Young, R. Cahan, Are candlestick technical trading strategies profitable in the Japanese equity market? Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 31, 191–207 (2008) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- H. A. Prado, E. Ferneda, L. C. R. Morais, A. J. B. Luiz, E. Matsura, On the effectiveness of candlestick chart analysis for the Brazilian stock market. Procedia Computer Science, 22, 1136–1145 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Y. Shiu, T. Lu, Pinpoint and synergistic trading strategies of candlesticks. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 3,1, 234–244 (2011) [Google Scholar]
- T. Lu, Y. Shiu, Tests for two-day candlestick patterns in the emerging equity market of Taiwan. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 48, 41–57 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Lu, Y. Shiu, T. Liu, Profitable candlestick trading strategies: The evidence from a new perspective. Review of Financial Economics, 21,2, 63–68 (2012) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Lu, The profitability of candlestick charting in the Taiwan stock market. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 26, 65–78 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- G. Caginalp, H. Laurent, The predictive power of price patterns. Applied Mathematical Finance, 5, 181–205 (1998) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Lu, J. Chen, Candlestick charting in European stock markets. The Finsia Journal of Applied Finance, 2, 20–25 (2013) [Google Scholar]
- M. Zhu, S. Atri, E. Yegen, Are candlestick trading strategies effective in certain stocks with distinct features? Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 37, 116–127 (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- F. K. H. Tam, Investing in KLSE stocks and futures with Japanese candlestick charting techniques. Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia, Pelanduk Publications (2001) [Google Scholar]
- G. Morris, Candlestick charting explained: Timeless techniques for trading and futures (3rd ed.). New York, McGraw-Hill (2006) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.