SHS Web Conf.
Volume 102, 2021The 3rd ETLTC International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ETLTC2021)
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Section||Technology Assisted Language Learning|
|Published online||03 May 2021|
- S. Lambacher, W. L. Martens, K. Kakehi, C. Marasinghe, G. Molholt, The effects of identification training on the identification and production of American English vowels by native speakers of Japanese, Applied Psycholinguistics, 26(2), 227-247 (2005) [Google Scholar]
- R. Akahane, R. Yamada, T. Adachi, & H. Kawahara, Second language production training using spectrographic representations as feedback. Journal of the Acoustical Society of Japan (E), 18(6), 341-343 (1997) [Google Scholar]
- J. Hillenbrand, L. A. Getty, M. J. Clark, K. Wheeler, Acoustic characteristics of American English vowels. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 97(5), 3099-3111 (1995) [Google Scholar]
- D. T. Ives, D. R. Smith, R. D. Patterson, Discrimination of speaker size from syllable phrases. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 118(6), 3816-3822 (2005) [Google Scholar]
- A. C. Lammert, S. S. Narayanan, On short-time estimation of vocal tract length from formant frequencies. PloS one, 10(7), e0132193 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- A. Saito, Y. Heo, J. Perkins, Building Confidence in L2 Speaking through the Expanding Circle Communication: Practicing English as an International Language (EIL). Journal of Language Sciences, 27(2), 199-228 (2020) [Google Scholar]
- Y. Heo, A. Saito, Developing EFL Learners’ Communicative Competence through Technologymediated TBLT (2021) [Google Scholar]
- D. E. Broadbent, P. Ladefoged, Vowel judgements and adaptation level. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series B. Biological Sciences, 151(944), 384-399 (1960) [Google Scholar]
- J. E. Flege, The production of “new” and “similar” phones in a foreign language: Evidence for the effect of equivalence classification. Journal of Phonetics, 15(1), 47-65 (1987) [Google Scholar]
- K. Nishi, D. Kewley-Port, Training Japanese listeners to perceive American English vowels: Influence of training sets. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 50(6), 1496–1509 (2007) [Google Scholar]
- K. Nishi, D. Kewley-Port, Nonnative speech perception training using vowel subsets: Effects of vowels in sets and order of training. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 51(6), 1480–1493 (2008) [Google Scholar]
- K. Igarashi, I. Wilson, Improving Japanese English pronunciation with speech recognition and feed-back system. In SHS Web of Conferences, 77, 02003 (2020) [Google Scholar]
- J. Zimmerman, E. Stolterman, J. Forlizzi, An analysis and critique of Research through Design: Towards a formalization of a research approach. In proceedings of the 8th ACM conference on designing interactive systems, pp. 310-319 (2010) [Google Scholar]
- K. Nakatsuka, A. Nogita, I. Wilson, Web application to convert English into helpful characters for pronunciation learners. In SHS Web of Conferences, 77, 02005 (2020) [Google Scholar]
- F. Keiler, D. Arfib, U. Zölzer, Efficient linear prediction for digital audio effects. In: Proceedings of the COST G-6 Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFX-00), Verona, Italy (2000) [Google Scholar]
- J. E. Flege, O. S. Bohn, S. Jang, Effects of experience on non-native speakers’ production and perception of English vowels. Journal of Phonetics, 25(4), 437-470 (1997) [Google Scholar]
- X. Wang, The acquisition of English vowels by Mandarin ESL learners: A study of production and perception (Doctoral dissertation, Theses (Dept. of Linguistics)/Simon Fraser University) (1997) [Google Scholar]
- K. Hirabayashi, S. Nakagawa, Automatic evaluation of English pronunciation by Japanese speakers using various acoustic features and pattern recognition techniques. In Eleventh Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association, (2010) [Google Scholar]
- O. Ronen, L. Neumeyer, H. Franco, Automatic detection of mispronunciation for language instruction. In: Fifth European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology (1997) [Google Scholar]
- A. T. Neel, Vowel space characteristics and vowel identification accuracy. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 51, 574–585 (2008) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.