SHS Web Conf.
Volume 152, 20238th Annual International Conference on Social Science and Contemporary Humanity Development (SSCHD2022)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Section||Chapter 4: Management and Economics|
|Published online||05 January 2023|
- K. Kyle, S. Crossley, Assessing syntactic sophistication in L2 writing: A usage-based approach. Language Testing, 34(4), 513-535 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- K. Kyle, S. A. Crossley, S. Jarvis, Assessing the validity of lexical diversity indices using direct judgements. Language Assessment Quarterly, 18(2), 154-170 (2021) [Google Scholar]
- K. Kyle, S. Crossley, M. Verspoor, Measuring longitudinal writing development using indices of syntactic complexity and sophistication. Studies in Second Language Acquisition, 43(4), 781-812 (2021) [Google Scholar]
- T. Mostafa, S. A. Crossley, Verb argument construction complexity indices and L2 writing quality: Effects of writing tasks and prompts, Journal of Second Language Writing (2020) [Google Scholar]
- J. E. Casal, J. J. Lee, Syntactic complexity and writing quality in assessed first-year L2 writing, Journal of Second Language Writing (2019) [Google Scholar]
- J. Jiang, P. Bi, H. Liu, Syntactic complexity development in the writings of EFL learners: Insights from a dependency syntactically-annotated corpus, Journal of Second Language Writing (2019) [Google Scholar]
- D. Mazgutova, J. Kormos, Syntactic and lexical development in an intensive English for Academic Purposes programme, Journal of second language writing (2015) [Google Scholar]
- X. Wu, A. Mauranen, L. Lei, Syntactic complexity in English as a lingua franca academic writing, Journal of English for Academic Purposes (2020) [Google Scholar]
- K. Uzun, Performance prediction strengths of noun and verb phrases in L2 writing: Comparison of density and complexity variables, Assessing Writing (2021) [Google Scholar]
- R. Khany, N. B. Kafshgar, Analysing texts through their linguistic properties: A crossdisciplinary study, Journal of Quantitative Linguistics (2016) [Google Scholar]
- D. Biber, B. Gray, S. Staples, Investigating grammatical complexity in L2 English writing research: Linguistic description versus predictive measurement, Journal of English for Academic Purposes (2020) [Google Scholar]
- D. Man, M. H. Chau, Learning to evaluate through that-clauses: Evidence from a longitudinal learner corpus, Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 37, pp. 22-33 (2019) [Google Scholar]
- X. Lu, H. Ai, Syntactic complexity in college-level English writing: Differences among writers with diverse L1 backgrounds, Journal of second language writing, 29, pp. 16-27 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- T. Brunner, Structural nativization, typology and complexity: noun phrase structures in British, Kenyan and Singaporean English, English Language & Linguistics, 18(1), pp. 23-48 (2014) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Nasseri, Is postgraduate English academic writing more clausal or phrasal? Syntactic complexification at the crossroads of genre, proficiency, and statistical modelling. Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 49 (2021) [Google Scholar]
- S. Staples, R. Reppen, Understanding first-year L2 writing: A lexico-grammatical analysis across L1s, genres, and language ratings, Journal of Second Language Writing (2016) [Google Scholar]
- K. Kyle, Measuring syntactic development in L2 writing: Fine grained indices of syntactic complexity and usage-based indices of syntactic sophistication (2016) [Google Scholar]
- X. Lu, Automatic analysis of syntactic complexity in second language writing, International journal of corpus linguistics, 15(4), pp. 474-496 (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.