SHS Web Conf.
Volume 79, 2020International Scientific and Practical Conference “Theory and Practice of Project Management in Education: Horizons and Risks”
|Number of page(s)||6|
|Section||Status and Prospects of Modern Education Digitalization|
|Published online||19 August 2020|
Sociological Research on Self-Employed Respondents in the Context of Developing Self-Employed Citizens’ Education Management in the Conditions of Digitalization
Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, Department of Sociology, History and Philosophy, Moscow, Russia
2 Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance Department, Moscow, Russia
* Corresponding author: PVRazov@fa.ru
The authors’ goal has been to show the need to improve both the general level of education of self-employed citizens, and, mainly, the actual level of specialized competencies. The modern world does not tolerate an unskilled approach in any business. Therefore, special education for self-employed citizens is their internal need that has direct impact on their well-being and relevance in the modern labor market. Real digital technologies aim at improving comfort for self-employed citizens while realizing their need in specialized education. For efficient forecasting, the inductive analysis method has been chosen. This is when the current and previous situations in the self-employed market are examined, then the main factors of the market development are revealed, and the main reasons for the formalization of self-employment are considered. Based on this, the prospects for increasing the self-employed citizens’ groups as consumers of general and specialized education are defined. Sociological instruments of this study include expert surveys, in-depth interviews, analysis of Internet publications of central print media, and content analysis.
The main results of the study are as follows:
• There is an exponential increase in the number of registered self-employed citizens – consumers of specialized education in the medium term.
• Self-employed citizens specializing in such areas as IT, tutoring, online courses, beauty industry may become the most promising in the market of additional specialized education.
• Self-employed citizens aged 35 – 45 are the most promising in the market of general education, mainly in pension legislation.
• The accessibility of self-employed citizens as potential consumers of educational services can be ensured mainly through their official registration. The official registration of self-employed citizens can be stimulated by a) more favorable tax regimes for self-employed citizens, b) a simplified registration procedure, and c) the introduction of harsh administrative penalties for evading the registration.
© The Authors, published by EDP Sciences, 2020
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.