SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 12, 20144th International Conference on Tourism Research (4ICTR)
|Number of page(s)||11|
|Published online||19 November 2014|
- V. Kunjuraman, R. Hussin, Satisfaction of Domestic Tourist with the Homestay Programme in Mesilou Village, Kundasang, Sabah. Proceedings of the 3rd Regional Conference on Tourism Research, 29-31 Oct, 2013, Langkawi, Malaysia. 18–27 (2013)
- J. S. Akama. The role of government in the development of tourism in Kenya. Int. J. Tou. Resea 4, 1–13 (2002) [CrossRef]
- C. L. Jenkins. The use of investment incentives for tourism projects in developing countries. Tou Manage 3, (June), 91 (1982) [CrossRef]
- T. Nimmonratana. Impacts of tourism on a local community: A case study of Chiang Mai. In K.S. Chan. (Ed). Tourism in Southeast Asia: A new direction, 6. New York: Haworth Press. (2000).
- E. de Kadt. Social planning for tourism in the developing countries. Annals Tou Resea 6, 1, 36–48 (1979) [CrossRef]
- M. A. H. Bhuiyan, C. Siwar, S. M. Ismail. Tourism development in Malaysia from the perspective of development plans. Asi Soc Sci 9, 9, 11–18. (2013)
- A. Nankervis. Dreams and Realities: Vulnerability and the tourism industry in Southeast Asia: A framework for analyzing and adapting tourism management toward 2000. In K. S. Chan. (Ed). Tourism in Southeast Asia: A new direction, 49–61. New York: Haworth Press. (2000)
- Tourism Malaysia. www.MOTAC.gov.my accesed on 2 May 2013
- S. Ghazali, M. Sirat. Global Ecotourism and local communities in rural areas. Pulau Pinang: Universiti Sains Malaysia Press. (2011)
- Tourism Minister’s speech. www.theborneopost.com accsed on 3 March 2014.
- T. M. Tangit, A. Adanan, S. A. Kibat. Tourism development and its impact on residents’ quality of life: A case study on Malaysia’s First World Heritage Site, Kinabalu Park, Ranau, Sabah. Proceedings of the 3rd Regional Conference on Tourism Research, 29–31 Oct, 2013, Langkawi, Malaysia, 275–283 (2013)
- P. L. Yong. Projek Miso Walai Homestay dan Penyertaan Komuniti Tempatan: Satu Tinjauan di Mukim Batu Putih, Hilir Kinabatangan, Sabah. Unpublished Academic Practice. School of Social Sciences, Kota Kinabalu: Universiti Malaysia Sabah. (2004)
- R. Hussin. Ecotourism and Community Participation in the Homestay Programme of Sukau Village: Long-term or Limited Benefits? Jur Sarj 23, 72–86 (2008)
- A. Adrianna, J. Cindy, O. Nor’ain. Study of tourists’ expectation and perception towards products and services offered by Walai Tokou Homestay Kundasang Sabah. In N. Othman & M. Jamaludin (Eds.). The 3rd Tourism outlook conference & global events Congress II, Heritage & Tourism: Alliance & Network relationship, Event management & Event Tourism, Shah Alam: UITM (UPENA). (2007)
- Ministry of Tourism Malaysia (MOTOUR) (2012a), ETP: Transforming tourism to the new heights.
- S. Prabhakaran, V. Nair, S. Ramachandran. Marine waste management indicators in a tourism environment. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, Emerald Group publishing. 5, 4, 365–376 (2013) [CrossRef]
- District Office Semporna. Tourism: 10 reasons to visit Semporna, District Office Semporna, Sabah. (2014)
- L. Sievanan, B. Crawford, R. Pollnac, C. Lowe. Weeding through assumptions of livelihood approaches in ICM: Seaweed farming in the Philippines and Indonesia. Oce & Coas Manage 48, 297–313 (2005) [CrossRef]
- S.M. Phang. Seaweeds of Cape Rachado Port Dickson. Nature Malaysiana, 10, 9–15 (1989)
- C. R. Kaur, & M. Ang. Seaweed culture and utilization in Malaysia: Status, challenges and economic potential. Paper was presented at MIMA Seminar on Developing the seaweed aquaculture sector, 27 October 2009, Kuala Lumpur: MIMA. (2009)
- A. C. Err. Pembangunan pelancongan lestari di Melaka: Perspektif pelancong. Mal Jour of Soc and Spa 9, 3,12–23 Available at www.geografia online. (2013)
- R. Scheyvens. Tourism for Development: Empowering Communities. Harlow: Prentice Hall. (2002)
- C. Tosun. Limits to Community Participation in the Tourism Development Process in Developing Countries. Tour Manage 21, 6, 613–633 (2000) [CrossRef]
- D. J. Timothy. Tourism and Community Development Issues. In R. Sharpley & D. J. Telfer (Eds.), Tourism and Development: Concepts and Issues. England: Channel View Publications. (2002)
- K. Andereck, K. Valentine, R. Knopf, C. Vogt. Residents’ perceptions of community tourism impacts. Annals of Tou Res 32, 4, 1056–1076 (2005) [CrossRef]
- C. Jurowski, M. Uysal, R. Williams. A theoritical analysis of host community resident reactions to tourism. Jour of Tra Res 36, 2, 3–11 (1997) [CrossRef]
- R. Perdue, P. Long, L. Allen. Resident support for tourism development. Annals of Tourism Research, 17, 4 586–599 (1990) [CrossRef]
- S. Akis, N. Peristianis, J. Warner. Residents’ attitudes to tourism development: The case of Cyprus. Tou Manage 17, 7, 481–494 (1996) [CrossRef]
- G. Wall. Perspective on tourism in selected Balinese Villages. Annals of Tou Res 23, 1, 123–138 (1996) [CrossRef]
- A. Marzuki. Resident attitudes towards impacts from tourism development in Langkawi Islands, Malaysia. World Applied Sciences Journal 12 (Special issue of Tourism and Hospitality) 25–34(2011)
- K. Kayat. Power, Social Exchanges and Tourism in Langkawi: Rethinking resident perceptions. Int. Jour. of Tou Res, 4, 171–191 (2002). [CrossRef]
- F. Aref, M. Redzuan. Community capasity building for tourism development. Jour of Hum Eco, 27, 21–25 (2009).
- F. Aref, M. Redzuan, S. S Gill. Community Perceptions towards Economic and Environmental Impacts of Tourism on Local Communities. Asi Soc Sci, 5, 7, 130–137 (2009)
- R. Kumar, S. S. Gill, P. Kunasekaran. Tourism as a poverty eradication tool for rural areas in Selangor, Malaysia. Glo Jour of Hum Soc Sci 12, 7, 21–26 (2012)
- M. A. Oviedo-Garcia, M. Castellanos-Verdugo, D. Martin-Ruiz. Gaining residents’ support for tourism and planning. Int. Jour. of Tou Res 10, 95–109 (2008) [CrossRef]
- E. Inskeep. Tourism Planning: An Integrated and Sustainable Development Approach. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold. (1991)
- W. Goudy. Evaluations of Local Attributes and Community Satisfaction in Small Towns. Rur Soci 42, 3, 371–382 (1977)
- P. E. Murphy. Tourism: A Community Approach. London: Routledge. (1985)
- T. B. Jamal, D. Getz. Collaboration Theory and Community Tourism Planning. Annals of Tou Res 22, 1, 186–204 (1995) [CrossRef]
- B. Bramwell. Participative planning and governance for sustainable tourism. Tou Rec Res 35, 3, 239–249 (2010).
- R. Sharpley. Travel and Tourism. London: SAGE Publications Ltd. (2006)
- R. K. Yin. Case Study Research: Design and Methods. (3rded). Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications. (2003)
- K. D. Bailey. Methods of social research. New York: Free Pr. (1984)
- Y. P. Chua. Kaedah Penyelidikan. Kuala Lumpur: McGraw Hill Education (Malaysia). (2006)
- D. Gursoy, C. Jurowski, &, M. Uysal. Residents attitudes: A structural modelling approach. Annals of Tou Res 29, 79–105 (2002) [CrossRef]
- D. Ko, W. Stewart. A structural equation model of resident’s attitudes for tourism development. Tou Manage 25, 521–530 (2002) [CrossRef]
- D. Gursoy, D. G. Rutherford. Host attitudes toward tourism: An improved structural model. Annals of Tou Res 31, 3, 495–516 (2004) [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.