SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 18, 2015ICoLASS 2014 – USM-POTO International Conference on Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Section||Economy and Sustainability|
|Published online||10 July 2015|
- Ahmad, R., & Scott, N. (2014). Managing the front office department: Staffing issues in Malaysian hotels. Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research. Vol. 25(1), pp. 24–38.
- Allen, N. J., & Meyer, J. P. (1990). Organizational socialization tactics: A longitudinal analysis of links to newcomers' commitment and role orientation. Academy of Management Journal. Vol. 33(4), pp. 847–858. [CrossRef]
- Alonso, A.D. & O’Neill, M.A (2009). Staffing issues among small hospitality businesses: A college town case. International Journal of Hospitality Management. Vol. 28, pp. 573–578. [CrossRef]
- Aryee, S., Budhwar, P. S., & Chen, Z. X. (2002). Trust as a mediator of the relationship between organizational justice and work outcomes: Test of a social exchange model. Journal of Organizational Behavior. Vol. 23(3), pp. 267–285. [CrossRef]
- Berger, F., & Ghei, A. (1995). Employment tests: A facet of hospitality hiring. The Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly. Vol. 36(6), pp. 28–35. [CrossRef]
- Blau, P. M. (1964). Exchange and Power in Social Life. New York: Wiley.
- Boon, C., Belschak, F. D., Den Hartog, D. N., & Pijnenburg, M. (2014). Perceived human resource management practices: Their effect on employee absenteeism and time allocation at work. Journal of Personnel Psychology. Vol. 13(1), pp. 21–33. [CrossRef]
- Caldwell, D. F., Chatman, J. A., & O’Reilly, C. A. (1990). Building organizational commitment: A multifirm study. Journal of Occupational Psychology. Vol. 63(3), pp. 245–261. [CrossRef]
- Chan, A. W., Tong-qing, F., Redman, T., & Snape, E. (2006). Evaluating the multi-dimensional view of employee commitment: A comparative UK–Chinese study. The International Journal of Human Resource Management. Vol. 17(11), pp. 1873–1887.
- Chew, Y. T., & Wong, S. K. (2008). Effects of mentoring and perceived organizational support on employee commitment and intention to leave: A study among hotel workers in Malaysia. International Journal of Management. Vol. 25(3), pp. 692–779.
- Chuang, C.-H., & Liao, H. (2010). Strategic human resource management in service context: Taking care of business by taking care of employees and customers. Personnel Psychology. Vol. 63(1), pp. 153–196. [CrossRef]
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences (2nd ed.). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Dessler, G. (1999). How to earn your employees' commitment. Academy of Management Executive. Vol. 13(2), pp. 58–67.
- Dittmer, P. R. (2002). Dimenstions of the Hospitality Industry. (3rd ed.). New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Doug, D., Ruth, T., & Lawson, S. (2001). The role of appraisal, remuneration and training in improving staff relations in the Western Australian accommodation industry: A comparative study. Journal of European Industrial Training. Vol. 25(7), pp. 366 – 373. [CrossRef]
- Eisenberger, R., Armeli, S., Rexwinkel, B., Lynch, P. D., & Rhoades, L. (2001). Reciprocation of perceived organizational support. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 86(1), pp. 42–51. [CrossRef]
- Fiorito, J., Bozeman, D. P., Young, A., & Meurs, J. A. (2007). Organizational commitment, human resource practices, and organizational characteristics. Journal of Managerial Issues. Vol.19(2), pp. 186–207.
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. (1981). Evaluating Structural Equation Models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research. Vol. 18(1), pp. 39–50. [CrossRef]
- Gouldner, A. W. (1960). The norm of reciprocity: A preliminary statement. American Social Review. Vol. 25, pp. 161–178. [CrossRef]
- Groves, J., Martin, L., & Beck, J. (2001). Selection processes for lodging entry-level service employees. The Journal of Applied Hospitality Management. Vol. 3(2), pp. 67–72.
- Hair, J. F., Ringle, C. M., & Sarstedt, M. (2011). PLS-SEM: Indeed a silver bullet. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. Vol. 18(2), pp. 139–152. [CrossRef]
- Harter, J. K., Schmidt, F. L., & Hayes, T. L. (2002). Business-unit-level relationship between employee satisfaction, employee engagement, and business outcomes: A meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 87(2), pp. 268–279. [CrossRef]
- Hemdi, M. A. (2009). Investigating hotel employees’ organizational commitment: The influence of human resource management practices and perceived organizational support. Journal of Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary Arts. Vol. 1(3), pp. 1–18.
- Huselid, M. A. (1995). The impact of human resource management practices on turnover, productivity and corporate financial performance. Academy of Management Journal. Vol. 38(3), pp. 635–672. [CrossRef]
- Iplik, F. N., Jilic, K. C., & Yalcin, A. (2011). The simultaneous effects of person-organization and person-job fit on Turkish hotel managers. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. Vol. 23(5), pp. 644–661. [CrossRef]
- Kazlauskaite, R., Buciuniene, I., & Turauskas, L. (2006). Building employee commitment in the hospitality industry. Baltic Journal of Management. Vol. 1(3), pp. 300–314. [CrossRef]
- Kennedy, D. J., & Berger, F. (1994). Newcomer socialization: Oriented to facts or feelings? Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly. Vol. 35(6), pp. 58–71. [CrossRef]
- Kusluvan, S., Kusluvan, Z., Ilhan, I., & Buyruk, L. (2010). The human dimension: A review of human resources management issues in the tourism and hospitality industry. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. Vol. 51(2), pp. 171–214. [CrossRef]
- Lee, Y.-K., Nam, J. H., Park, D. H., & Lee, K. A. (2006). What factors influence customer-oriented prosocial behavior of customer-contact employees? Journal of Services Marketing. Vol. 20(4), pp. 251–264. [CrossRef]
- Lockyer, C., & Scholarios, D. (2004). Selecting hotel staff: why best practice does not always work. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. Vol. 16(2), pp. 125–135. [CrossRef]
- Louis, M. R. (1980). Surprise and sense making: What newcomers experience in entering unfamiliar organizational settings. Administrative Science Quarterly. Vol. 25(2), pp. 226–251. [CrossRef]
- Lundberg, C. C., & Young, C. A. (1997). Newcomer socialization: Critical incidents in hospitality organizations. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research. Vol. 21(2), pp. 58–74. [CrossRef]
- Ma, E., & Qu, H. (2011). Social exchanges as motivators of hotel employees' organizational citizenship behavior: The proposition and application of a new three-dimensional framework. International Journal of Hospitality Management. Vol. 30(3), pp. 680–688. [CrossRef]
- Mathieu, J. E., & Zajac, D. M. (1990). A review and meta-analysis of the antecedents, correlates, and consequences of organizational commitment. Psychological Bulletin. Vol. 108(2), pp. 171–194. [CrossRef]
- Maxwell, G., & Steele, G. (2003). Organisational commitment: A study of managers in hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. Vol. 15(7), pp. 362–369. [CrossRef]
- Meyer, J. P., & Smith, C., A. (2000). HRM practices and organizational commitment: Test of a mediation model. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences. Vol. 17(4), pp. 319–331. [CrossRef]
- Meyer, J. P., Stanley, D. J., Herscovitch, L., & Topolnytsky, L. (2002). Affective, continuance, and normative commitment to the organization: A meta-analysis of antecedents, correlates, and consequences. Journal of Vocational Behavior. Vol. 61(1), pp. 20–52. [CrossRef]
- Ministry of Tourism. (2011). Malaysia Tourism Key Performance Indicators 2009. Kuala Lumpur.
- Ministry of Tourism. (2012). Malaysia Accommodation Directory 2010/2011.
- Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia. (2014). History of Visit Malaysia Year. [Online]. Retrieved January 20, 2014, from http://www.vmy2014.com/about-vmy2014/history-of-visit-malaysia-year
- Morrison, E. W. (1996). Organizational citizenship behavior as a critical link between HRM practices and service quality. Human Resource Management. Vol. 35(4), pp. 493–512. [CrossRef]
- Mowday, R. T. (1998). Reflections on the study and relevance of organizational commitment. Human Resource Management Review. Vol. 8(4), pp. 387–401. [CrossRef]
- Mowday, R. T., Steers, R. M., & Porter, L. W. (1979). The measurement of organizational commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior. Vol. 14(2), pp. 224–247. [CrossRef]
- O'Reilly, C. A., & Chatman, J. (1986). Organizational commitment and psychological attachment: The effects of compliance, identification, and internalization on prosocial behavior. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 71(3), pp. 492–499. [CrossRef]
- Paulin, M., Ferguson, R. J., & Bergeron, J. (2006). Service climate and organizational commitment: The importance of customer linkages. Journal of Business Research. Vol. 59(8), pp. 906–915. [CrossRef]
- Reichers, A. E. (1985). A review and reconceptualization of organizational commitment. Academy of Management Review. Vol. 10(3), pp. 465–476.
- Reid, M. F., Allen, M. W., Riemenschneider, C. K., & Armstrong, D. J. (2008). The role of mentoring and supervisor support for State IT employees' affective organizational commitment. Review of Public Personnel Administration. Vol. 28(1), pp. 60–78. [CrossRef]
- Roehl, W. S., & Swerdlow, S. (1999). Training and its impact on organizational commitment among lodging employees. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research. Vol. 23(2), pp. 176–194. [CrossRef]
- Schneider, B., & Bowen, D. E. (1985). Employee and customer perceptions of service in banks: Replication and extension. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 70(3), pp. 423–433. [CrossRef]
- Schuler, R. S., & Jackson, S. E. (1987). Linking competitive strategies with human resource management practices. The Academy of Management Executive. Vol. 1(3), pp. 207–219. [CrossRef]
- Singh, J. (1998). Striking a balance in boundary-spanning positions: An investigation of some unconventional influences of role stressors and job characteristics on job outcomes of salespeople. The Journal of Marketing. Vol. 62(3), pp. 69–86. [CrossRef]
- Snape, E., & Redman, T. (2010). HRM practices, organizational citizenship behaviour, and performance: A multi-level analysis. Journal of Management Studies. Vol. 47(7), pp. 1219–1247.
- Tourism Malaysia. (2014). Malaysia Hotels & Rooms Supply. [Online]. Retrieved January 20, 2014, from http://www.tourism.gov.my/facts_figures/
- Verquer, M. L., Beehr, T. A., & Wagner, S. H. (2003). A meta-analysis of relations between person–organization fit and work attitudes. Journal of Vocational Behavior. Vol. 63(3), pp. 473–489. [CrossRef]
- Walsh, K., & Taylor, M. S. (2007). Developing In-House Careers and Retaining Management Talent: What Hospitality Professionals Want from Their Jobs. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly. Vol. 48(2), pp. 163–182. [CrossRef]
- Wanous, J. P., & Reichers, A. E. (2000). New employee orientation programs. Human Resource Management Review. Vol. 10(4), pp. 435–451. [CrossRef]
- Yang, Y.-C. (2012). High-involvement human resource practices, affective commitment, and organizational citizenship behaviors in service setting. The Service Industries Journal. Vol. 32(8), pp. 1209–1227. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.