SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 18, 2015ICoLASS 2014 – USM-POTO International Conference on Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
|Number of page(s)||12|
|Section||Economy and Sustainability|
|Published online||10 July 2015|
- Amnesty International. (2010) Trapped. The Exploitation of Migrant Workers in Malaysia. London: Amnesty Publications. http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/ASA28/002/2010.
- Antara News. “ASEAN Urged to Adopt Legally Binding Agreement on Workers”. Retrieved from April-June 2011 Retrieved from http://www.antaranews.com/en/news/70164/asean-urged-to-adopt-legally-binding-agreement-on-workers
- Baldwin, Richard. (2006). Globalisation: the great unbludning(s), Chapter 1, in Globalization Challenges for Europe, Secretariat of the Economic Council, Finnish Prime Minister’s Office, Helsinki, 2006
- Bhopal, M., & Rowley, C. “The State in employment: the case of Malaysian Electronics”, The International Bormann, S., Krishnan, P., & Neuner, M. (2009). Migrants in a Digital Age. Migrant Workers in the Malaysian
- Bormann, S., Krishnan, P., & Neuner, M. (2009). Migrants in a Digital Age. Migrant Workers in the Malaysian
- Buchholz, Todd G. Bringing the Jobs Home: How the Left Created the Outsourcing Crisis - and How We Can Fix It. New York: Sentinel, 2004. Print 97–118.
- Council Review of the Trade Policies in Malaysia, 2010). p. 2. Retrieved from http://www.ituccsi.
- Crinis, V. (2002) “The Stratification of the Garment and Textile and Labour Movements in Malaysia,” in N. Piper and D. Gills (eds), Women and Work in Industrialising Asia, London: Routledge, pp. 154–68
- Crinis, V., Sweat or No Sweat: Foreign Labours in the Garment Industry in Malaysia, Journal of Contemporary Asia, Vol. 40, No. 4, November 2010, pp. 589–611 [CrossRef]
- Davies, Paul. What's This India Business?: Offshoring, Outsourcing, and the Global Services Revolution. London: Nicholas Brealey International, 2004. Print.
- Electronics Industry: Case Studies on Jabil Circuit and Flextronics. WEED. Berlin. http://www2.weedonline .employees of unionized companies’, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 2011, vol. 46, issue 3.
- ETP-A Roadmap for Malaysia, Handbook Chapter 1-4- New Economic Model of Malaysia, http://etp.pemandu.gov.my/upload/etp_handbook_chapter_1-4_economic_model.pdf
- FIDH / SUARAM, Undocumented Migrants and Refugees in Malaysia: Raids, Detention and Discrimination(2008). Retrieved from http://www.fidh.org/IMG/pdf/MalaisieCONJ489eng.pdf p. 7.
- For a current list of Malaysia’s ratifications, see the ILO website: http://www.ilo.org/dyn/normlex/en/f?p=1000:11200:0::NO:11200:P11200_COUNTRY_ID:102960
- Foreign Labours in Malaysia: Assessment of their Economic Effects and Review of the Policy, International Population Conference on Migration, Urbanization and Development
- Forey, Gail, and Jane Lockwood. Globalization, Communication and the Workplace: Talking across the World. New York: Continuum, 2011. Electronic Book #21-26.
- Hanson, G. (2003), “What Has Happened to Wages in Mexico Since NAFTA”, NBER Working Paper Series, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, MA.
- Hassan, K.H., & George, C.M. (2009), External Migration of Labour Force and Access to Justice: Malaysian Law in the Context of ILO Standards, part of the research project “Transformation of Dispute Resolution Mechanism Towards Social Justice” (Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education). pp. 5–7.
- Hector, C. (2011). ‘Outsourcing Agents and Their Practices: An ‘Illegality’ and Injustice that Must End.
- Hira, Ron, and Anil Hira. Outsourcing America: What's behind Our National Crisis and How We Can Reclaim American Jobs? New York: AMACOM, 2008. Print # 67–96.
- ILO. “ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and Its Follow-up. Article. 2,” ILO in the Context of ILO Standards, part of the research project “Transformation of Dispute Resolution Mechanism International Monetary Fund. (2000). "Globalization: Threats or Opportunity".
- 12th April 2000: IMF Publications
- International Monetary Fund. (2000). Globalization: Threats or Opportunity. 12th April 2000: IMF Publications
- Investor friendly measure. Cited in Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC IR Committee) 12.08.2010. p. 3.
- ITUC. Internationally Recognised Core Labour Standards in Malaysia (Geneva: Report for the WTO General Journal of Human Resource Management 13 no. 8 (2002): 1173; Malaysia’s stance was reaffirmed in 2008 when July 8th, 2013 http://psu.um.edu.my/images/psu/doc/
- makeITfair, see http://makeitfair.org.
- More Than 2.3 Million Foreigners Registered Under 6P Programme http://mapo.bernama.com/news.php?id=611630 29 March 2014
- Nir Jaimovich and Henry E. Siu, “The Trend is the Cycle: Job Polarization and Jobless Recoveries,” NBER Working Paper No. 18334, August, 2012. http://www.nber.org/papers/w18334
- U.StateDept, Office To Monitor And Combat Trafficking In Persons, Trafficking In Persons Report 2013 Http://Www.State.Gov/J/Tip
- Olive, B (2004). "Outsourcing Growing, Despite Controversy". Power: 148(4),19–20.http://org/IMG/pdf/CLS_Malaysia_2010_clean_final_def.pdforg/uploads/migration_in_a_digital_age.pdf
- Overby, S (2007) ABC: An Introduction to Outsourcing. CIO.com.phase, ‘enforcement bodies are ready to weed illegals out of their hiding places and those working in unapproved Publications. http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/ASA28/002/2010. Retrieved from http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/country,USCRI,IDN,4a40d2adc,0.html
- Rose, C.R., Kumar, N., & Ramasamy, N. (2011). ‘Trade unions in Malaysia: perspectives of employers & sectors’. “Time to weed out the illegals”. Retrieved from http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/time-to-weedout-
- SOMO Research (2011) SOMO Research: Working and Living Conditions of Migrant Workers in the Electronic Sector in Malaysia: 36
- The New Strait Times reported on 12 April 2012 that with the 6P programme now entering the enforcement phase, ‘enforcement bodies are ready to weed illegals out of their hiding places and those working in unapproved sectors’. “Time to weed out the illegals”. Retrieved from http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/time-to-weedout-the-illegals-1.73181
- The World Bank, East Asia Pacific Region, Human Development Dept. Social Protection & Labour Unit the-illegals-1.73181
- Towards Social Justice (Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education). pp. 5–7.
- U.S. State Department. Trafficking in Persons Report 2011. Retrieved from http://www.state.gov/g/tip/rls/tiprpt/2011/index.htm p. 8.
- UNHCR country operations profile 2012 - Malaysia. Retrieved from United States Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (17.6.2009) World Refugee Survey 2009 – Malaysia.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.