SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 26, 2016ERPA International Congresses on Education 2015 (ERPA 2015)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||26 April 2016|
- Adams, F., & Waghid, Y., In defence of deliberative democracy: Challenging less democratic school governing body practices. South African Journal of Education, 25(1): 25–33. (2005)
- Alsbury, T. L., & Whitaker, K.S. Superintendent perspectives and practices of accountability, democratic voice and social justice. Journal of Educational Administration, 45(2): 154–174. (2006) [CrossRef]
- Applebaum, B. Social justice, democratic education and the silencing of words that wound. Journal of Moral Education, 32(2): 151–162 (2003) [CrossRef]
- Aydin, I., & Karaman-Kepenekci, Y. Principals’ Opinions of organisational justice in elementary schools in Turkey. Journal of Educational Administration, 46(4): 497–513. (2008) [CrossRef]
- Bogotch, I. E. Educational leadership and social justice: Practice into theory. Journal of School Leadership, 12(2): 138–156. (2002)
- Brown, K. “New” education injustices in the “new” South Africa. Journal of Educational Administration, 44(5): 509-519 (2006) [CrossRef]
- Cambron-McCabe, N., & McCathy, M. Educating school leaders for social justice. Education Policy, 1(19): 201–222 (2005) [CrossRef]
- Carlise, L. R., Jackson, B.W., & George, A., Principles of social justice education: The social leadership. In Marshall, C. & Olivia, M. (Eds). Leadership for social justice: Making revolutions in education. Boston: Pearson. (p. 16-30) (2006)
- Chiu, M. M., & Walker, A., Leadership for social justice in Hong Kong schools: Addressing mechanisms of inequality. Journal of Educational Administration, 45(6): 724–739 (2007) [CrossRef]
- Chubbuck, S. M., Individual and structural orientation in socially just teaching: Conceptualization, implementation, and collaborative effort. Journal of Teacher Education, 61(3): 197–210 (2010) [CrossRef]
- Creswell, J. W., Qualitative inquiry and research design: choosing among five approaches (2nd Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. (2007).
- Creswell, J.W., Research design: Qualitative & quantitative, and mixed approaches. (3rd Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage., (2009).
- Dantley, M., & Tilman, L., Social justice and moral transformative leadership. In Marshall, C. & Olivia, M. (Eds). Leadership for social justice: Making revolutions happen (2006)
- De Wet, T., Patel, L., Korth, M., & Forrester, C. Johannesburg Poverty and Livelihood Study. Johannesburg: CSDA Report (2008)
- Elmore, R.F., Bridging the gap between standards and achievement: The imperative for professional development in education. Washington, DC: Albert Shanker Institute (2002)
- Furman, G.C., & Shields, C.M., How can educational leaders promote and support social justice and democratic community in schools? Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago, 9–12 April (2003).
- Gallie, M., Sayed, Y., & Williams, H., Transforming educational management in South Africa. Journal of Negro Education, 66(4): 460–467 (1997). [CrossRef]
- Goldfarb, K.P., & Grinberg, J., Leadership for social justice in education: Authentic participation in the case of a community centre in Caracas, Venezuela. Journal of School Leadership, 12: 157–173 (2002)
- Haycock, K., Closing the achievement gap. Educational Leadership, 58(6): 6–11 (2001)
- Haystek, J. School Governing Bodies – the principal’s burden or the light of his or her life? South African Journal of Education, 24(4): 308-312 (2004)
- Hoy, W.K., & Tarter, C.J. Organisational justice in schools: No justice without trust. International Journal of Educational Management, 8(4): 250–259 (2004)
- Hytten, K., & Bettez, S.C. Understanding education for social justice. Educational Foundations, Winter-Spring: 7–24 (2011)
- Johnson Fua, S. Looking towards the source – social justice and leadership conceptualisations from Tonga. Journal of Educational Administration, 45(6): 672–683 (2007) [CrossRef]
- Larson, C., & Murtadha, K. Leadership for social justice, in Murphy, J. (Ed.). The Educational Leadership Challenge: Redefining Leadership for the 21st Century, University of Chicago Press: Chicago, IL. (p. 134–161) (2002)
- Lee, S.S., & McKerrow, K. (2005). Advancing social justice: Women’s work. Advancing Women in Leadership, 19: 1–2.
- Leithwood, K.A., & Riehl, C. “What do we already know about successful school leadership?” Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL, 2003 April 22. (2003)
- Lichtman, M. Qualitative Research in Education: A user’s guide. (3rd Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage (2013)
- Mafora, P. Shared decision-making in School Governance: A Case Study of Two Soweto Secondary Schools. The International Journal of Learning, 18(6): 97–107 (2012)
- Mafora, P. When devolved power is recentralised: The adulteration of deliberative democracy in School Governing Bodies. Journal of Social Sciences, 34(2): 97–104 (2013) [CrossRef]
- Mangena, M., Demobilised education parenting. Azapo e reng? March 06 (2012)
- McMillan, J.H., & Schumacher, S., Research in Education: Evidence-based Inquiry. (7th Ed.). New Jersey: Pearson Education. (2010)
- Mncube, V.S. Democratisation of education in South Africa: Issues of social justice and the voice of learners. South African Journal of Education, 28(1): 77–90, (2008)
- Mokonyane, N., Address by the Premier at the Soweto Education Summit, Johannesburg, 09 April 2011. Available at http://www.polity.org.za/article/gpmokonyane, (2011)
- Normore, A.H., & Jean-Marie, G. Female secondary school leaders: At the helm of social justice, democratic schooling and equality. Leadership and Organisational Development Journal, 29(2): 182–205 (2008) [CrossRef]
- Pandor, N. (2006). Speech by Minister of Education, Naledi Pandor, MP, at the SADTU Conference, Johannesburg, 2006 September 01.
- Republic of South Africa, 1996. The South African Schools Act, No. 84 of 1996. Pretoria: Government Printers.
- Riehl, C.J. (2000). The principal’s role in creating inclusive schools for diverse students: A view from a normative, empirical, and critical literature on the practice of educational administration. Review of Educational Research, 70: 55–81. [CrossRef]
- Saunders, M., Lewis, P. & Thornhill, A. (2000). Research Methods for Business Students. (2nd Ed.). Essex: Pearson Education.
- Shields, C. M. (2009). Courageous leadership for transforming schools: Democratising practice. Norwood, MA: Christopher-Gordon.
- Starratt, R. J., (2004). Ethical Leadership, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Stevenson, H. P., (2007). A case study in leading schools for social justice: when morals and markets collide. Journal of Educational Administration, 45(6): 769–781. [CrossRef]
- Theoharis, G. (2007). Social Justice educational leaders and resistance: Towards a theory of social justice leadership. Educational Administration Quarterly, 43(2): 221–258. [CrossRef]
- Theoharis, G. (2010). Disrupting injustice: Principals narrate the strategies they use to improve their schools and advance social justice. Teachers’ College Record, 112(1): 331–37
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.