SHS Web Conf.
Volume 74, 2020The 19th International Scientific Conference Globalization and its Socio-Economic Consequences 2019 – Sustainability in the Global-Knowledge Economy
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Section||Regions and Economic Resilience|
|Published online||10 January 2020|
- Q.H. Nguyen, Are Credit Markets Still Local? Evidence from Bank Branch Closings. American Economic Journal: Applied Economics 11, 1-32 (2019) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A. Tranfaglia, Shrinking Networks: A Spatial Analysis of Bank Branch Closures. Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Research Department Working Papers WP, 18-12 (2018) [Google Scholar]
- T. Zhao, D. Jones-Evans, SMEs, banks and the spatial differentiation of access to finance, Journal of Economic Geography 17, 791-824 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- United Nations. World urbanization prospects 2014 Revision (2014) [Google Scholar]
- R. Florida, Ch. Mellander, K. Stolarick, Human capital in cities and suburbs. Annals of Regional Science 57, 91-123 (2016) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- E. Glaeser, Triumph of the City: How Urban Spaces Make Us Human. (Penguin Press, London, 2011) [Google Scholar]
- C.J. Simon, C. Nardinelli, Human Capital and the rise of American cities, 1900-1990, Regional Science and Urban Economics 32, 59-96 (2002) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- A. Ciccone, R. Hall, Productivity and the density of economic activity. American Economic Review 86, 54-70 (1996) [Google Scholar]
- J. Rauch. Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities, 34, 380-400 (1993) [Google Scholar]
- L. Dijkstra, E. Garcilazo, P. McCann, The Economic Performance of European Cities and City Regions: Myths and Realities. European Planning Studies 21, 334-354 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M. Parkinson, R. Meegan, J. Karecha, City size and economic performance: is bigger better, small more beautiful of middling marvellous? European Planning Studies 23, 1054-1068 (2015) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- S. Özyildirim, Z. Önder, Banking Activities and Local Output Growth: Does Distance from Centre Matter? Regional Studies 42, 229-244 (2008) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Ch. Bernini, P. Brighi, Bank branches expansion, efficiency and local economic growth. Regional Studies 52, 1332-1345 (2017) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- L. Papi, E. Sarno, A. Zazzaro, The geographical network of bank organizations: Issues and evidence for Italy. MOFiR Working Paper no. 105 (2015) [Google Scholar]
- R. De Haas, N. Van Horen, Running for the Exit: International Banks and Crisis Transmission. Review of Financial Studies 26, 244-285 (2013) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- X. Yu, M. Li., S. Huang, Financial Functions and Financial Development in China: A Spatial Effect Analysis. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade 53, 2052-2062 (2017) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- M.F. Crocco, Santos, P. V. Amaral, The Spatial Structure of Financial Development in Brazil. Spatial Economic Analysis 5, 181-203 (2010) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- B. Hirtle, The Impact of Network Size on Bank Branch Performance. Journal of Banking and Finance 31, 3782-3805 (2007) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Aguirregabiria, V. Clark, H. Wang, The Geographic Flow of Bank Funding and Access to Credit: Branch Networks, Local Synergies and Competition. CEPR Discussion papers no. 13741, (2019) [Google Scholar]
- V. Nemethova, M. Sipikal, M. Siranova, Public support for firms in lagging regions Evaluation of Innovation Subsidy in Slovakia. Science and Public Policy 46, 173-183 (2019) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- I. Hasan, R. Horvath, J. Mares, What type of finance matters for growth? Bayesian model averaging evidence. World Bank Economic Review 32, 383-409 (2018) [Google Scholar]
- R. Horvath, E. Horvatova, M. Siranova, Financial development, rule of law and wealth inequality: Bayesian model averaging evidence. BOFIT Discussion Papers 12 (2017) [Google Scholar]
- M. Siranova, European banking network in light of the single supervisory mechanism from the network analysis perspective. Financial assets and investing 6, 35-57 (2015) [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- O. Rafaj, S. Rehak. 6th Central European Conference in Regional Science: Engines of Urban and Regional Development (2017) [Google Scholar]
- L. Dijkstra, H. Poelman, A harmonized definition of cities and rural areas: the new degree of urbanization. A series of short papers on regional research and indicators produced by the Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy. WP 01, (2014) [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.