SHS Web Conf.
Volume 157, 20232022 International Conference on Educational Science and Social Culture (ESSC 2022)
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Section||Pedagogical Theory and Classroom Teaching Practice|
|Published online||13 February 2023|
- Auerbach, R. P., Mortier, P., Bruffaerts, R., Alonso, J., Benjet, C., Cuijpers, P., Demyttenaere, K., Ebert, D. D., Green, J. G., Hasking, P., Murray, E., Nock, M.K., Pinder-Amaker, S., Sampson, N. A., Stein, D. J., Vilagut, G., Zaslavsky, A.M., & Kessler, R. C.: WHO World Mental Health Surveys International College Student Project: Prevalence and distribution of mental disorders. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 127(7), 623–638 (2018). [Google Scholar]
- Karyotaki, E., Cuijpers, P., Albor, Y., Alonso, J., Auerbach, R. P., Bantjes, J., Bruffaerts, R., Ebert, D. D., Hasking, P., Kiekens, G., Lee, S., McLafferty, M., Mak, A., Mortier, P., Sampson, N. A., Stein, D.J., Vilagut, G., & Kessler, R. C.: Sources of stress and their associations with mental disorders among college students: Results of the World health Organization World Mental Health Surveys International College Student Initiative. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 11. (2020). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Jacobus, G. M.: The psychosocial developmental theory of Erik Erickson: critical overview. Early Child Development and Care, 191(7–8), 1107–1121 (2021). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- King, N., Rivera, D., Cunningham, S., Pickett, W., Harkness, K., McNevin, S.H., Milanovic, M., Byun, J., Khanna, A., Atkinson, J., Saunders, K.E.A. & Duffy, A.: Mental health and academic outcomes over the first year at university in international compared to domestic Canadian students. Journal of American College Health, 1–10 (2021). [Google Scholar]
- Kivelä, L., Mouthaan, J., van der Does, W., & Antypa, N.: Student mental health during the covid-19 pandemic: Are international students more affected? Journal of American College Health (2022). [Google Scholar]
- Altinyelken, H., Hoek, L., & Jiang, L: Improving the psychosocial wellbeing of international students: The relevance of mindfulness. British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, 48(4), 524–536 (2020). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Hyun, J., Quinn, B. Madon, T. & Lustig, S.: Mental Health Need, Awareness, and Use of Counseling Services Among International Graduate Students. Journal of American College Health, 56(2), 109–118 (2007). [Google Scholar]
- Cruwys, T., Ng, N. W. K., Haslam, S. A., & Haslam, C.: Identity continuity protects academic performance, retention, and life satisfaction among international students. Applied Psychology: An International Review, 70(3), 931–954 (2021). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Qi, W. (G.), Wang, K. T., Pincus, A. L., & Wu, L. Z.: Interpersonal problems and acculturative stress over time among Chinese international students from mainland China and Taiwan. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 9(3), 237–246 (2018). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Zhang, X., Wong, G. T. F., Liu, C. H., Hahm, H. “., &Chen, J. A.: International student stressors and mental health during the covid-19 pandemic: A qualitative study. Journal of American College Health (2022). [Google Scholar]
- Samuolis, J., & Griffin, K. W.: Identity distress and negative affect in college students. Identity: An International Journal of Theory and Research, 14(4), 246–254 (2014). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Hu, Y., Roberts, A., Ching, G. S., & Pei-Ching, C.: Moderating Effects of Intercultural Social Efficacy and the Role of Language in the Context of Coping Strategies in Study Abroad Depression. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(4), 2409 (2022). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Wei, M., Liang, Y., Du, Y., Botello, R., & Li, C.: Moderating effects of perceived language discrimination on mental health outcomes among Chinese international students. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 6(3), 213–222 (2015). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Liu, S., He, L., Wei, M., Du, Y., & Cheng, D.: Depression and anxiety from acculturative stress: Maladaptive perfectionism as a mediator and mindfulness as a moderator. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 13(2), 207–216 (2022). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Taušová, J., Bender, M., Dimitrova, R., & van de Vijver, F.: The role of perceived cultural distance, personal growth initiative, language proficiencies, and tridimensional acculturation orientations for psychological adjustment among international students. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 69, 11–23 (2019). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Lian, Z., & Wallace, B. C.: Prevalence of past-year mental disorders and its correlates among Chinese international students in US higher education. Journal of American College Health, 68(2), 176–184 (2020). [Google Scholar]
- Xiong, Y., Parasath, P., Zhang, Q., & Jeon, L.: A mindfulness‐based well‐being group for international students in higher education: A pilot study. Journal of Counseling & Development (2020). [Google Scholar]
- Wei, M. L., & Bunjun, B.: “We don’t need another one in our group”: Racism and interventions to promote the mental health and well-being of racialized international students in business schools. Journal of Management Education, 45(1), 65–85 (2021). [Google Scholar]
- Maleku, A., Kim, Y. K., Kirsch, J., Um, M. Y., Haran, H., Yu, M., & Moon, S. S.: The hidden minority: Discrimination and mental health among international students in the US during the covid‐19 pandemic. Health & Social Care in the Community (2021). [Google Scholar]
- Harrell, S. P.: A multidimensional conceptualization of racism-related stress: Implications for the well-being of people of color. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 70(1), 42–57 (2000). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Sun, X., Hall, G. C. N., DeGarmo, D. S., Chain, J., & Fong, M. C.: A longitudinal investigation of discrimination and mental health in Chinese international students: The role of social connectedness. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 52(1), 61–77 (2021). [Google Scholar]
- Kristiana, I. F., Nugraha, A. K., Simanjuntak, E., Prihatsanti, U., Tri, M. I., & Shohib, M.: Social Support and Acculturative Stress of International Students. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(11), 6568 (2022). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Rosa, D., Sabiston, C. M., Kuzmocha-Wilks, D., Cairney, J., & Darnell, S. C.: Group differences and associations among stress, emotional well-being, and physical activity in international and domestic university students. Journal of American College Health (2021). [Google Scholar]
- Ra, Y., & Trusty, J.: Coping Strategies for Managing Acculturative Stress Among Asian International Students. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 37(4), 319–329 (2015). [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.