SHS Web Conf.
Volume 162, 20235th International Conference on Art, Design and Cultural Studies (ADCS 2023)
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Published online||21 April 2023|
- Akbar, F. (2016, February 17). New York City Eyes Shortage of Asian Public-School Teachers. City Limits. Retrieved August 16, 2022, from https://citylimits.org/2016/02/17/new-york-cityeyes-shortage-of-asian-public-school-teachers/ [Google Scholar]
- Bracey, G. W. (2001). Why so Few Asian American Teachers? The Phi Delta Kappan, 83 (1), 14–16. http://www.jstor.org/stable/20440054 [Google Scholar]
- Budiman, A., & Ruiz, N. G. (2021, April 29). Key facts about Asian Americans, a diverse and growing population. Pew Research Center. Retrieved August 17, 2022, from https://www.pewresearch.org/facttank/2021/04/29/key-facts-about-asian-americans/ [Google Scholar]
- Dee, T., & Gershenson, S. (2017). Unconscious Bias in the Classroom: Evidence and Opportunities, 2017. Stanford Center for Education Policy Analysis. [Google Scholar]
- Dutta, G. (1998). Tokenism, 209, and the politicization of Asian Americans. UCLA Asian Pacific American Law Journal, 5 (1), 45-76. [Google Scholar]
- Ford, D. Y., Wright, B. L., & Trotman Scott, M. (2020). A matter of equity: Desegregating and integrating gifted and talented education for underrepresented students of color. Multicultural Perspectives, 22 (1), 28-36. [Google Scholar]
- Gershenson, S., Hart, C. M., Hyman, J., Lindsay, C., & Papageorge, N. W. (2018). The long-run impacts of same-race teachers (No. w25254). National Bureau of Economic Research. [Google Scholar]
- Gershenson, S., Holt, S. B., & Papageorge, N. W. (2016). Who believes in me? The effect of the student-teacher demographic match teacher expectations. Economics of education review, 52, 209-224. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Grissom, J. A., Rodriguez, L. A., & Kern, E. C. (2017). Teacher and principal diversity and the representation of students of color in gifted programs: Evidence from national data. The Elementary School Journal, 117 (3), 396-422. [Google Scholar]
- Hewstone, M. (2020). Intergroup attribution: Some implications for the study of ethnic prejudice. In Ethnic minorities (pp. 25-42). Garland Science. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Kari Kokka & Theodore Chao (2020). ’How I show up for Brown and Black students’: Asian American male mathematics teachers seeking solidarity, Race Ethnicity, and Education, 23:3, 432-453, DOI: 10.1080/13613324.2019.1664002 [Google Scholar]
- Lindsay, C. A., & Hart, C. M. (2017). Exposure to same-race teachers and student disciplinary outcomes for Black students in North Carolina. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 39 (3), 485-510. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- National Center for Education Statistics (2022). Racial/Ethnic Enrollment in Public Schools. Condition of Education. U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 21, 2022, from https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator/cge. [Google Scholar]
- Ouazad, A. (2014). Assessed by a Teacher Like Me: Race and Teacher Assessments. Education Finance and Policy, 9 (3), 334–372. https://www.jstor.org/stable/educfinapoli.9.3.334 [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Redding, C. (2019). A teacher like me: A review of the effect of student-teacher racial/ethnic matching on teacher perceptions of students and student academic and behavioral outcomes. Review of educational research, 89 (4), 499-535. [Google Scholar]
- Schaeffer, K. (2021, December 10). America’s public school teachers are far less racially and ethnically diverse than their students. Pew Research Center. Retrieved August 17, 2022, from https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/12/10/americas-public-school-teachersare-far-less-racially-and-ethnically-diverse-thantheir-students/ [Google Scholar]
- Webster, M.Jr., & Foschi, M. (Eds.) (1988). Status generalization: new theory and research. Stanford University Press. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.