SHS Web Conf.
Volume 42, 2018Global Conference on Teaching, Assessment, and Learning in Education (GC-TALE 2017)
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||29 January 2018|
- Black, P., & Wiliam, D. Assessment and classroom learning. Assessment in Education:Principles, Policy & Practice, 5(1), 7–74, (1998). [CrossRef]
- Brookhart, S. M. Teachers’ grading practices: Meaning and values. Journal of Educational Measurement, 20, 123–142, (1993). [CrossRef]
- Brookhart, S. M. Teachers’ grading: Practice and theory. Applied Measurement in Education, 7, 279–30, (1994). [CrossRef]
- Brookhart, S. M. Classroom assessment: tensions and intersections in theory and practice. Teachers College Record, 106, 429–458, (2004). [CrossRef]
- Brookhart, S. M., & Durkin, D. T. Classroom assessment, student motivation, and chievement in high school social studies classes. Applied Measurement in Education,16,27–54, (2003). [CrossRef]
- Cheng, L., Rogers, T., & Hu, H. ESL/EFL instructors’ classroom assessment practices: Purposes, methods and procedures. Language Testing, 21, 360–389, (2004). [CrossRef]
- Cheng, L., Rogers, T., & Wang, X. (in press). Assessment purposes and procedures in ESL/EFL classrooms. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education.
- Cheng, L., & Wang, X. Grading, Feedback, and Reporting in Esl/Efl Classrooms. Language Assessment Quarterly, 4(1), 85–107, (2007). [CrossRef]
- Cumming, A. ESL/EFL instructors’ practices for writing assessment: Specific or general purposes? Language Testing, 18, 207–224, (2001). [CrossRef]
- Duncan, C.R & Noonan, B. Factors Affecting Teachers’ Grading and Assessment Practices. The Alberta Journal of Educational Research Vol. 53, No. 1, Spring 2007, 1-21, (2007).
- Dyrness, R. & Dyrness, A. Making the grade in middle school. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 44(3), 114-118, (2008). [CrossRef]
- Guskey, T. Are zeroes your ultimate weapon? Education Digest: Essential Readings Condensed for Quick Review, 70 (3), 31-35, (2004).
- Guskey, T. “It Wasn’t Fair!” Educators’ recollections of their experiences as students with grading. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco, CA, (2006).
- Guskey, T. Five obstacles to grading reform. Educational Leadership, 69(3), 17-21, (2011).
- Kulik, J. A., & Kulik, C. C. Timing of feedback and verbal learning. Review of EducationalResearch, 58, 79–97, (1988).
- McMillan, J. H., & Lawson, S. R. Secondary science teachers’ classroom assessment and grading practices. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 20, 20–32, (2001). [CrossRef]
- McMillan, J. H., Myran, S., & Workman, D. Elementary teachers’ classroom assessment and grading practices. Journal of Educational Research, 95, 203–213, (2002). [CrossRef]
- McMillan, J. H., & Workman, D. Classroom assessment and grading practices: A review of literature. Richmond, VA: Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium, Virginia Commonwealth University. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED453263), (1998).
- McMillan, J. Assessment essentials for standards-based education (2) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, (2008).
- McMillan, J., & Nash, S. Teacher classroom assessment and grading practices decision making. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the National Council on Measurement in Education, New Orleans, LA, (2000).
- McMillan, J. H. & Schumacher, S. Research in education: A conceptual introduction. New York: Longman, (2006).
- Moeller, A. J., & Reschke, C. A second look at grading and classroom performance:Report of a research study. The Modern Language Journal, 77, 163–169, (1993). [CrossRef]
- Patton, M. Q. Qualitative research and evaluation methods (3rd Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, (2002).
- Randall, J., & Engelhard, G. Examining teacher grades using Rasch measurement theory. Journal of Educational Measurement, 46(1), 1-18, (2009). [CrossRef]
- Sri Widiastuti, I.A.Md. EFL Teachers’ Beliefs and Practices of Formative Assessment to Promote Active Learning. The ASIAN EFL Journal. Volume 3, (2016).
- Sri Widiastuti, I.A.Md. Teachers’ Understanding of Formative Assessment. Jurnal Bahasa dan Seni. Vol 45, No 1 Juni, (2017).
- Stiggins, R. J., Frisbie, D. A., & Griswold, P. A. Inside high school: Building a research agenda. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 8, 5–14, (1989). [CrossRef]
- Sun, Y & Cheng, L. Teachers’ grading practices: meaning and values assigned. Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy & Practice, 21:3, 326-343, DOI: 10.1080/0969594X.2013.768207, (2014). [CrossRef]
- Wormeli, R. Accountability: Teaching through assessment and feedback, not grading. American Secondary Education, 34(3), 14-27, (2006).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.