SHS Web of Conferences
Volume 12, 20144th International Conference on Tourism Research (4ICTR)
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||19 November 2014|
- S. H. Ham, Environmental Interpretation-A Practical Guide for People with Big Ideas and Small Budgets. Golden, CO, USA: Fulcrum Publishing/North American Press (1992)
- S.H. Ham, Meaning Making - The Premise and Promise of Interpretation. Keynote address to Scotland’s First National Conference on Interpretation, Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh, April 4 April 2002.
- S. H.Ham, Ecotourism - Making a Difference by Making Meaning. Keynote address to the Ecotourism Association of Australia, 10 November 2003.
- S. H.Ham, Can Interpretation Really Make a Difference? Answers to four questions from Cognitive and Behavioural Psychology. In Proceedings, Interpreting World Heritage Conference, 25-29 March 2007 Vancouver, Canada. Fort Collins, USA: National Association of Interpretation, 42–52.
- S.H. Ham, E. K.Sandberg, Interpretation as strategic communication in protected area management. A paper presented in the 6th International conference on Monitoring and Management of Visitors in Recreational and Protected Areas, Stockholm, Sweden, 132–133(2012)
- S.H.Ham, B.Weiler, Isolating the Role of On-site Interpretation in a Satisfying Experience. Journal of Interpretation Research, 12, 2, 5–24 (2007)
- J.L.Tarlton, C.J.Ward, The Effect of Thematic Interpretation on a Child’s Knowledge of and Interpretive Program. Journal of Interpretation Research, 11, 1, 7–33 (2006)
- F.Tilden, Interpreting Our Heritage. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press (1977)
- S.H. Ham, B.Weiler, 100,000 Beating Bird Hearts: Tourism, Wildlife and Interpretation. Keynote Presentation at the first National Conference on Wildlife Tourism in Australia, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, 28 – 30 October 2001.
- R. Black, S.H.Ham, B.Weiler, Ecotour Guide Training in Less Developed Countries: Some Preliminary Research Findings. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 9, 2, 147–156 (2001) [CrossRef]
- K.Rodger, S.A.Moore, R.Taplin, Visitor satisfaction, loyalty and protected areas : a review and the future. A report prepared for WA Department of Environment and Conservation, Parks Victoria and the Park Forums, Australia (2012).
- S.H.Ham, From Interpretation to Protection: Is There a Theoretical Basis? Journal of Interpretation Research, 14, 2, 48–58 (2009)
- S.H.Ham, Interpretation - A Guide for Making a Difference on Purpose. Fulcrum Publishing Golden, Colorado (2013).
- K.Armstrong, B.Weiler, Improving the tourist experience: Evaluation of interpretation components of guided tours in national parks, CRC for Sustainable Tourism, Gold Coast (2003).
- S.H.Ham, A.Housego, B.Weiler, Tasmanian Thematic Interpretation Planning Mannual. Tourism Tasmania, Australia (2005)
- R.Powell, S.H.Ham, Can ecotourism interpretation really lead to pro-conservation knowledge, attitudes and behaviors? Evidence from the Galapagos Islands. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 16, 4, 467–489 (2008) [CrossRef]
- B.Weiler, S.H.Ham, Tour guides and interpretation. In Weaver, D. (Ed.), The encyclopedia of ecotourism, Walingford, UK: CAB International, 549–563 (2001)
- C. Littlefair, C. Buckley, Interpretation reduces ecological impacts of visitors to world heritage site. Ambio, 37, 5, 338–341 (2008) [CrossRef]
- E.M.P.Madin, & M. Fenton, Environmental Interpretation in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park: An Assessment of Programme Effectiveness. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 12, 2, 121–137 (2004) [CrossRef]
- M.B. Orams, Using Interpretation to manage nature-based tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 4, 2, 81–93 (1995) [CrossRef]
- B.Weiler, S.H. Ham, Development of a Research-Based Tool for Evaluating Interpretation (STCR Technical Report). Brisbane, Australia: Sustainable Tourism Cooperative Research Centre (2006).
- B. Weiler, S.H. Ham, S.H., Development of a Research Instrument for Evaluating the Visitor Outcomes of Face-to-Face Interpretation, Visitor Studies,187–205 (2010) [CrossRef]
- U.Sekaran, R. Bougie, Research Methods for Business: A skill Building Approach. A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd. Publication (2010)
- B.Weiler, S.H. Ham, Toward a theory of quality in cruise-based nature guiding. Journal of Interpretation Research 7, 2, 29–49 (2002)
- J.H. Kim, Determining the factors affecting the memorable nature of travel experiences. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 27, 780–796 (2010) [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.